Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, MK in Triangle, Unknown Maker

Article about: Here is a new addition to my IAB collection. As far as I know, the maker of this award is unknown.Some zinc bubbles can be seen and a fair amount of the silvering is still remaining although

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, MK in Triangle, Unknown Maker

Here is a new addition to my IAB collection.
    As far as I know, the maker of this award is unknown.Some zinc bubbles can be seen and a fair amount of the silvering is still remaining although it has tarnished.
    Ralph.
    It also has a strange pin. I have not seen one like this on a full sized badge before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, MK in Triangle, Unknown Maker  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, MK in Triangle, Unknown Maker
    P
    Many

Very nice. As you say the pin is unusual, but completely original. Congrats, Stewy

Very interesting! The pin and maker mark are intriguing indeed. The adler head looks familiar to me, I will have to research it.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very interesting! The pin and maker mark are intriguing indeed. The adler head looks familiar to me, I will have to research it.
    The adler, indeed, the whole badge is identical to the other Gablonz maker as yet as unknown 'AS in Triangle', that has a near identical logo as 'M.K', that is thought to stand for 'Metall und Kunstoff' or Metal and plastic, and likewise was most likely a member of the Gablonz conglomerate AGMuK. The pin is interesting as it appears to be made of the same wire used on lapel minatures with the spiral scored pin that was designed to anchor it into the material. I guess this could be a sign of making good shortfalls when the normal pin wire was unavailable.

Great badge btw!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ralph

What a great find! As Ned states, this one is from the Gablonz area and MK in Triangle was most likely a member of the A.G.M.u.K. conglomerate.
    With the Triangle incorporated into the maker mark, speculation is that MK in Triangle was not a stand alone maker but more likely a production group.

The MK in Triangle obverse motif belongs to the Design Group Type 1 (as I have categorized the Gablonz examples)

AS in Triangle
    M.K. 1-7 series
    MK in Triangle

There are actually three different AS in Triangle obverse designs....the MK in Triangle matches only one of them.

The pin has me intrigued as it appears to be the type used on the miniatures.
    In looking at the scoring on the badge reverse where the tensioneer foot comes in contact, it would appear the pin is original to the badge.

Can you take a couple more pics of the shepherds hook - open and closed, especially where it hits the crimping lip of the hinge when convenient?

Thanks for showing this one Ralph!

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Very nice. As you say the pin is unusual, but completely original. Congrats, Stewy
    Thank you Stewy!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you fischer!
    As always, I appreciate your input.
    I will take the photos you requested and will post them later, have few things to do today.
    Ralph.

Quote by big ned View Post

Great badge btw!

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you Ned!
    Ralph.

wow.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    wow.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast