Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?

Article about: Thanks to everyone who helped me with my EK1 that I posted earlier! Here I have another local find. This one was picked up at a gunshow. I really like IAB's and while I don't know a whole lo

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think possibly a good Deschler & Sohne...Going out on a limb, that's the way I roll!!
    That's not actually a bad call Ned. I'm not sure if my Deschler is posted here. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think possibly a good Deschler & Sohne...Going out on a limb, that's the way I roll!!
    Quote by Stewy S View Post
    That's not actually a bad call Ned. I'm not sure if my Deschler is posted here. Stewy
    Looks like the Jury is still out! I appreciate everyone input and am anxious to know for sure

I'm blaggin' it......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

There is a very dangerous fake that originates from Germany, that has the same mis-stamped beak & a short blunt pin. Could this be it, or something similar. It's ages since I've seen one. Stewy

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    There is a very dangerous fake that originates from Germany, that has the same mis-stamped beak & a short blunt pin. Could this be it, or something similar. It's ages since I've seen one. Stewy
    Stewy if it is I would definitely like to know it! I'll stamp the back "fake" or "repro" so it cant be passed off as the genuine article again.

Hi Guys

Interesting badge...here are some of my observations.

First, this one is not a Deschler variant but is (or trying to be) a so-called "Broken Stem" example.
    These have recently been attributed to Rettenmaier but solid proof has yet to surface IMO.
    The Broken Stem example has been faked before with alarming detail.

The example Slade shows has several details that I like and a couple that cause concern.
    The hardware is an accepted set up for this variant albeit, the catch looks to have been repaired.
    The mis-strike of the Eagle's head is a common trait as well.

One of the details I do not like is the small right side wing feathers. They appear soft to me.

Unfortunately, I am not at home but I do have a couple of my Broken Stem examples on file here to compare.
    Notice the hinge base shape on the "glanzverzinkt" or chrome silver finish example...looks close to the badge in question.
    Also, notice the minute line reverse detail on both badges.

When I get home, I will check it against my DB examples...so do not destroy it yet!

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?  

I was looking at the Ground Dug examples that "kurland kessel " posted and noticed this one.

There has been some debate that the Broken Stem examples were possibly Post War manufacture for the souvenir trade.
    This shows this variant was a wartime example.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?  

?

Quote by fischer View Post
    I was looking at the Ground Dug examples that "kurland kessel " posted and noticed this one.

There has been some debate that the Broken Stem examples were possibly Post War manufacture for the souvenir trade.
    This shows this variant was a wartime example.

Best regards, fischer
    Fischer Thank you so much for taking the time to dig into your records for me! This has been an interesting thread and I really appreciate everybody's input!

I have the luxury have having this item in hand and can examine it closely; I can say with assurity that it looks exactly like Fischer's "Broken Stem" with hardware identical to one of "kurland kessel " "Broken Stem" finds.

I felt this one was good from the beginning.
    Since fischer has been so kind as to identify this one, here is my example of a "broken stem". Of the two examples that fischer posted, one has a matching hinge with a different catch and the other has a matching catch with a different hinge. The hinge and catch on mine match the one originally posted.
    It has also been posted here and you can read more about the details, more photos of the hinge and catch are included.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, No Markings?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I like it to,good detail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast