Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions

Article about: Hello everyone and merry XMas! I'd like to get some experts' opinions on this ISA which I recently acquired. I have not been able to assess the grade, but imo it is a nice original. Hope you

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions

Hello everyone and merry XMas!

I'd like to get some experts' opinions on this ISA which I recently acquired. I have not been able to assess the grade, but imo it is a nice original. Hope you'll confirm my assumption...

THX all

Last edited by rbminis; 12-25-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions
    P
    Many

Merry Christmas elia...thanks for posting..wait for the medal and award guys to chime in. It may be a little slow today because of the holiday...but guaranteed you will get an answer concerning your medal. Be patient. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thx Larry Don t worry, there ain t no hurry for me

I believe this is a silver example by Bruder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) with lots of patina.
    You can still make out the maker's mark.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I have rotated your photos to make them easier to see.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thx for your comment! I ve seen the maker's mark but I couldn t identify him... and thx for rotating the pics... had no idea how to do that

can confirm original.

I agree with Ralph...A BSW example that was poorly stored or ground dug.

The missing hinge was a sheet metal type with the corners trimmed off at an angle.
    This variant usually displays a "W" recessed in the center of the swastika...an unintentional die flaw produced during the manufacturing process IMO.

Best regards, fischer

?

Thank you very much guys and thx fisher for your thourough analysis.

Wish all a good day!

Yep, I agree with all the comments above,

Here is what the maker mark looks like. Once you see it clearly you will recognise it easily when it isn't clear.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thx to all of you guys!