Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please

Article about: Looking for opinions on this badge as I am not sure about it. Thanks Steve

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please

Looking for opinions on this badge as I am not sure about it.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-09-2015 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please
    P
    Many

imo its been repaired.leave it.

I think it's an unmarked E. Ferdinand Weidmann badge that's either got a repaired sheet metal wrap around hinge or a replaced one. I would take a punt on repaired, but better wait for the IAB guys to confirm make and hardware details.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm with Ned. Sloppy repair. Stewy

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    imo its been repaired.leave it.
    Harry
    Got it with a bunch of stuff so it didn't cost anything. Wasn't sure if it was real or fake. The pictures are quite bad so will post better pictures to see if anyone recognizes it.
    Steve

Despite the repair, which could be a period repair btw...it still has plenty of good finish remaining and will display nicely, which in my opinion sort of makes up for the imperfections...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Harry
    Got it with a bunch of stuff so it didn't cost anything. Wasn't sure if it was real or fake. The pictures are quite bad so will post better pictures to see if anyone recognizes it.
    Steve
    It's real, and a known maker in my humble opinion.

"Humble".....LOL!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As I do not have access to my files at the moment, here is a thread on my unmarked E. Ferdinand Weidman to compare.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, E. Ferdinand Wiedmann
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

for nothing its great.lol.

These pictures are better I think.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber opinions please