Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This example is made of solid zinc with a wrap around sheet metal hinge. This one is referred to as a "cut out swastika" example. The catch has

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Nice badge Ralph, well done
    Thank you Juan!
    This one with the repaired catch will do until I find the right upgrade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph

I agree with the others...a very nice looking example you have added.
    As you state, it has been theorized that this solid is the evolutionary result of the Buntmetal Cut-Outs that are purportedly made by Meybauer.

Also, this example has been referred to as the Missing Leaf solid due to the smallish "leaf" located inside kar98k and sling area.

This argument is plausible, but for me the Meybauer attribution for both the cut-out hollows and this solid is still just conjecture.

In regards to the catch...are you certain it has been repaired?
    This variant is known for the generous use of solder employed to secure the "?" style catch.

Here is my bronze example with the same hardware set up as yours to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed  

Thank you for your analysis fischer!
    I will take some more photos of the catch tomorrow and post them. I actually feel that not only has it been repaired, but it has been re-made.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Some more photos of the catch as promised.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph

Thank you for the additional pics...

Tell me, if the catch has been replaced, has the area been refinished as well?
    I do see the sloppy solder but with your pics, it looks to me like the finish over that area is intact.

Usually the tell-tale signs of heat burn off the badge coating.

Here is another example I have with a block hinge...notice the amount of solder around the catch.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Paul Meybauer, Attributed  

Hello fischer,
    The area around the solder does not appear to be refinished but there is some blackening, similar to the hinge area. What struck me as odd, and gave me the impression that the catch had been replaced is the actual shape of the catch and the way it has been cut off at the end of the hook. The catch on my example does not have a ? shape but appears to have the shape of a candy cane, a hook with a straight shank. Does either of your examples have this appearance?
    Thanks again for your assistance,
    Ralph.

I like that!

Hi Ralph, I don't think it's a repair. If it is, it's a factory repair. As Fischer says the finish looks intact. Stewy

Hi Ralph

I will take some pics of the catch area over the weekend.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Ralph, I don't think it's a repair. If it is, it's a factory repair. As Fischer says the finish looks intact. Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    I do agree, the finish does not look heat affected.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast