MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.

Article about: Having a total melt down over a pile of bagdes that have been left with me that a chap wants to do an exchange on. Most of whats been offered is fake or original but damaged to the point of

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.

Having a total melt down over a pile of bagdes that have been left with me that a chap wants to do an exchange on. Most of whats been offered is fake or original but damaged to the point of it being past worth collecting. I am doubting my own judgement so ask for opinions on this one if you would be kind enough to let me know what you think it would be appreciated.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-03-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.
    P
    Many

May i say my humble opinion without being an expert on authenticity?

I like it! I have no clues or whatsoever but i trust my insticts sometimes! I like it!

Thanks LizardKing, hopefully others will also agree with you.
    D

Detail, wear and hardware look authentic to me. As to maker I would have to trawl through my reference material at home but surely some of our resident experts can pinpoint a name for you off the top of their heads.

Hello

I agree with the others, a nice original.

This one has several nicknames coined by collectors and one maker attribution.

1. Cut Out -
    Some think this one is related to the early tombak hollow ISA's with the swastika arms cut out and the missing leaf between the sling and Kar98k. This one being the zinc solid descendant.

2. The Missing Leaf -
    Here again it's thought to evolve from the early hollow cut out's with the missing leaf (hence the name) between the sling and the Kar98k. These solids have a very small leaf (see pic # 1) which is almost non-existent. This is where the nickname comes from.

3. Attributed to the maker Paul Meybauer -
    Using deduction and forensics; comparing hardware set ups of Meybauer KM and Luftwaffe badges were linked to a hollow tombak Panzerkampfabzeichen which, in turn matched the hardware of a tombak hollow cut out ISA...a connection was made. And, with the hollow cut out's thought to be the predecessor to this solid zinc ISA, Meybauer has been suggested as the maker. This is not conclusive and is considered speculation.

4. Diamond Cut -
    When looking at the reverse, the area between the wreath and the Kar98k (pic # 2) at the receiver is the shape of a diamond.

Hopefully, further information will surface on who actually produced this one.

Congrats on a very nice addition...

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, is it right.  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

I agree with the others, a nice original.

This one has several nicknames coined by collectors and one maker attribution.

1. Cut Out -
    Some think this one is related to the early tombak hollow ISA's with the swastika arms cut out and the missing leaf between the sling and Kar98k. This one being the zinc solid descendant.

2. The Missing Leaf -
    Here again it's thought to evolve from the early hollow cut out's with the missing leaf (hence the name) between the sling and the Kar98k. These solids have a very small leaf (see pic # 1) which is almost non-existent. This is where the nickname comes from.

3. Attributed to the maker Paul Meybauer -
    Using deduction and forensics; comparing hardware set ups of Meybauer KM and Luftwaffe badges were linked to a hollow tombak Panzerkampfabzeichen which, in turn matched the hardware of a tombak hollow cut out ISA...a connection was made. And, with the hollow cut out's thought to be the predecessor to this solid zinc ISA, Meybauer has been suggested as the maker. This is not conclusive and is considered speculation.

4. Diamond Cut -
    When looking at the reverse, the area between the wreath and the Kar98k (pic # 2) at the receiver is the shape of a diamond.

Hopefully, further information will surface on who actually produced this one.

Congrats on a very nice addition...

Best Regards, fischer
    Fischer, old mate. Which is your preferred name/description? Just playing Devil's advocate here. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Fischer, old mate. Which is your preferred name/description? Just playing Devil's advocate here. Stewy
    Hi Stewy Mate, I usually refer to this one as the "Missing Leaf"...this was the sole nickname of this example when we started collecting.

I also state the "Possibility" that this example could be made by Meybauer but, conclusive proof to this has yet to be discovered.

Best Regards, fischer