MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This example still exhibits a fair amount of the silver frosting. The condition of the pin leads me to believe that this badge was worn by the recipient.

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    This example still exhibits a fair amount of the silver frosting. The condition of the pin leads me to believe that this badge was worn by the recipient. It also has the typical "scrape" on the top of the pin. The catch has been bent which could indicate being worn.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-11-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Luck
    P
    Many

still a beaut Ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    still a beaut Ralph.
    Ralph don't buy crap.

Nice long barrel hinge zinc S&L IAB.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    still a beaut Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ralph don't buy crap.

Nice long barrel hinge zinc S&L IAB.
    Thanks Ned!
    I try not to.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

S&L gets my vote Ralph. It retains the catch "guide marks" that are featured on many of S&L ISA's. Whatever their hardware set-ups/variants. Congrats, Stewy.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    S&L gets my vote Ralph. It retains the catch "guide marks" that are featured on many of S&L ISA's. Whatever their hardware set-ups/variants. Congrats, Stewy.
    Thanks Stewy!
    Ralph.

Very nice piece.

Wow.. nice one!

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    Very nice piece.
    Thank you Kevin!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Nmilitaria View Post
    Wow.. nice one!
    Thank you as well!
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph

A very nice barrel hinge variant you have added, congrats...

This obverse design can be found using five different hardware set ups.
    But, in looking at the reverse, this badge was initially designed for the barrel hinge/oblong catch plate set up judging by the raised guidelines.

Attribution to Steinhauer & Luck has been established using forensics or deduction against marked examples like the PKA "4" marked Spanish Cross as a reference point.
    That said, the S&L maker argument for this badge is still discussed heatedly and strong opinions exist "pro or con".

Myself, I think S&L is a good candidate as the manufacturer but it is not conclusive.

Congrats again my friend!

Best regards, fischer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast