Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?

Article about: Here is the next. seems to be a tombac badge too - its hollow and the material color is visible at many points, so I guess it is original but not in the best shape , I am right? Is it a rare

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?

Here is the next. seems to be a tombac badge too - its hollow and the material color is visible at many points, so I guess it is original but not in the best shape , I am right? Is it a rare badge? Seems to be the most badges of WW2 I got are like this Tombac not zinc - maybe the guy I got it from was collecting especially this. The WW1 stuff (6 EK1 - some EK2 - and Wound Badges) was all good, I know it by myself. Some other GDR - Stasi Stuff and KGB too

Thanks again for any help - I really beginning liking this Wehrmacht Army badges
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-01-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?
    P
    Many

Hi there,

Looks to me like a very nice, early ISA in buntmetall by Otto Schickle. These were unmarked and had a round wire catch, whereas I believe when they were closed down and B.H. Mayer took over the making and distribution, the badges were generally marked L/18 and utilised a standard flat wire hook. Better wait for some of the real ISA pundits to take a look though as this is only my best guess at the moment. I think these are considered pretty rare as well, so good score!

Hope i'm right, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned for youre first view! Sounds good!

cheers!

like it.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    like it.

Thank you too!

How about the condition? Is this still collectable?

I also agree...a good BH Mayer / Otto Schickle Design example with the round wire catch.

Looks to be in very nice shape and very collectable, congrats!

Best regards, fischer

Thanks fischer!

But now I got a message that Pin and Catch are seems to be replacements... now I don't know ...

Every Schickle that i saw had hardware like this one that i had. IMO the catch is a replacement. You can see the solder, dont remember seing that on Schickles.

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    Every Schickle that i saw had hardware like this one that i had. IMO the catch is a replacement. You can see the solder, dont remember seing that on Schickles.

Thank you very much for this picture! I see it now better. Here I made better pictures just from catch an needle. needle a replacement too? Actually all needle seems to be just very easy things... dont how how somebody see it's replaced or not.

It would be ne problem for me if they are replaced, but I just have to know so maybe in the future I will not see stuff as 100 % nice and original if something was replaced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Quote by Eaglehead View Post
    Thanks fischer!

But now I got a message that Pin and Catch are seems to be replacements... now I don't know ...
    The pin is fine, the toolmarks at the bend match Schickle/Mayer badges correctly. Forum member 'fischer' has several photo's in a montage showing these that i've seen on another forum, they all match this one, perhaps he will post them here for clarification.

As for the catch, again I see no problems, it appears to be original to the badge, but has possibly been re attached, no biggie for me. If there were problems i'm sure fischer would have pointed them out.

Here's a replaced pin on a Schickle badge to show what the difference normally is. No bend/toolmark at the hinge end. Thinner wire used for the pin. The pin is longer and pointed compared to the normally shorter, blunt ended original.

Stop panicking.

Regards, Ned.

Last edited by big ned; 10-02-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Edited due to new pics appearing of catch.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast