Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?

Article about: Here is the next. seems to be a tombac badge too - its hollow and the material color is visible at many points, so I guess it is original but not in the best shape , I am right? Is it a rare

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    Every Schickle that i saw had hardware like this one that i had.
    Hi Guys

The BH Mayer / Otto Schickle examples with a tombak base material are found with both the "flat stock, stamped catch" that DTVPKING shows and the "round wire catch" we see on Eaglehead's example.

Both types of hardware are original and accepted set ups.

Here are close-up pictures of both the Flat stock catch and the Round wire catch.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?
    P
    Many

Here is my example with the round wire catch.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Quote by Eaglehead View Post
    Here I made better pictures just from catch an needle. needle a replacement too? Actually all needle seems to be just very easy things... dont how how somebody see it's replaced or not.

It would be ne problem for me if they are replaced, but I just have to know so maybe in the future I will not see stuff as 100 % nice and original if something was replaced.
    Hi Eaglehead

I agree with Ned...the hardware set up on your ISA is original.
    The sheet metal hinge and the badge pin are both correct and factory attached IMO.

But, the catch does look to have been reattached at some point.
    The white area around the catch base looks like a repair.

Repairs do impact the collect-ability and it is very detrimental to the value of the badge, unless the badge is exceptionally rare.
    Unfortunately, the BH Mayer / Otto Schickle Design variant is one of the more common ISA's and intact examples are easily found.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?  

Thank you very much Fischer!

A good Infanterie Sturmabzeichen!
    But like fischer said, these Schickles are really all over the place.
    The real Schickle gem would be the current only-one-known solid tombak with a flat catch.

Regards
    HOW

Quote by HOWitzer View Post
    The real Schickle gem would be the current only-one-known solid tombak with a flat catch.
    Hi HOWitzer

Can you please post pics of this "only one known" solid tombak example with the flat catch?

Best regards, fischer

*Edit because hyperlinks are not allowed!*

Please see two posts below for the images.
    Thanks!

Regards
    HOW
    Last edited by HOWitzer; 10-04-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Quote by HOWitzer View Post
    Hi fischer,
    You know that piece.

GCA Forum | Access denied.

Should be a buntmetall. Sorry :P

* Can everyone use the link?

Regards
    HOW
    Please, no links.
    And, no, not everyone can use the link. Only members of that forum can view it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My apologies.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Tombac?.

Fischer, you took part in this discussion yourself! Have you forgotten?
    It would have been a wet dream to hold it in person.
    This was suspected to be a prototype during transition from hollow to solid production.
    Skip said he saw yellow. Giel said that is red. Nevertheless a Buntmetall piece. Tombak. Cupal. Your call.

Regards
    HOW

Looks nice but I can't see a makermark either

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast