Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked Ernst Muller

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This is an example of an unmarked silver semi hollow version made by Ernst Muller. Ralph.

Notice that even though the catch plates are a different shape. The catches themselves still have the same notch. Were these produced at roughly the same time? Or is one later than the other? Did Muller have more than one "works"? Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller
    P
    Many

?

Nice Ralph! You take much better pictures than I do my friend. I always liked the finish on this one. Glad she has reached you safe and sound

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Nice Ralph! You take much better pictures than I do my friend. I always liked the finish on this one. Glad she has reached you safe and sound
    Thank you again Bill!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

A nice purported E. Muller example. Congrats on another fine addition.

Originally, these were designed to take an oval shaped hinge base that fit precisely inside the raised hinge guide lines on the reverse and evolved to the rectangular shaped hinge base we see on yours.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

A nice purported E. Muller example. Congrats on another fine addition.

Originally, these were designed to take an oval shaped hinge base that fit precisely inside the raised hinge guide lines on the reverse and evolved to the rectangular shaped hinge base we see on yours.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you fischer!
    So, that would make this one a later production?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you fischer!
    So, that would make this one a later production?
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

I would say "yes" your example is of later production. If you look at the two examples below, we can see the oval shaped hinge base that was specifically designed to fit inside of the raised hinge guide lines on the reverse of the badge.
    The reverse die was constructed for this particular hinge base set up, thus decreasing the time needed to attach and align the hinge/pin to the catch.
    Something happened that necessitated a change of hinge styles and it's here that we see the rectangular shaped hinge base being used.

Because of the overall badge design, I would say the oval hinge came first.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber,Unmarked  Ernst Muller  

Thanks for clearing that up fischer!
    Ralph.

By any way of looking at it, a great condition and dead on genuine badge with Just enough wear to let you know that it's Been there! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    By any way of looking at it, a great condition and dead on genuine badge with Just enough wear to let you know that it's Been there! Nice pick up!
    Thank you William!
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2