Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please

Article about: Ok you know what it's like (or perhaps you don't) but along comes a badge at a show, You have NO books or internet........you make a snap judgement, because you can't know everything about e

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please

Ok you know what it's like (or perhaps you don't) but along comes a badge at a show, You have NO books or internet........you make a snap judgement, because you can't know everything about everything, and then you have doubts.????
    Am I right?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please
    P
    Many

I see no problems. A BH Mayer for me. Stewy

Thanks Stewy. I'm getting paranoid! My first thought was Meyer, but then I started doubting myself, and then convinced myself it's a wrong 'un.

Hi John,

TBH, I'm not keen on this one mate, it appears to me to be a copy of the Otto Schickle/B.H.Mayer hollow IAB's. These fakes have been around for years but are not at all easy to spot unless you've got internet access or the bumpf at hand, which you unfortunately didn't.

Here's an example of a fake Schickle design that looks the same barring the pin, of which the pointed one on your example looks weak to me with a poorly formed pressure foot and over long sharpened tip, but that is just my opinion. Better wait for Stewy, fischer et al for more informed comments.

Regards, Ned.

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review pleaseInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello, it looks like it could be a fake based on the Otto Schickle/Mayer badge.

All the best
    Doug

15.3grams if it helps?

Hi JB,

According to my book the weight for an original Mayer/Schickle IAB is 11g-12g. Furthermore, I don't like the cross hatching on the acorn cups on your badge or the known fake I've posted, it's too undefined and weak, and notice the slight elliptical flaw highlighted on both by the arrows. Then notice the bolder wider spaced cross hatching of the cups on the original badge that I've ringed. There is a big difference I think you'll agree. I'm pretty certain the badge that started this thread is a copy.

Above, your badge with highlighted cups and arrowed flaw.

The known fake with identical cups and arrowed flaw.

An original badge with acorn cups that are clearly different highlighted.

Hope this helps, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I see where you're coming from mate, it's a hard one, that's for sure. In my book it came very very close to an FLL variant, but honestly I'm fed up with it all, I'm losing money because I haven't got my books to hand when I buy, and the collectors are as bad as the dealers. I paid good money for it, it would have left me with a tenner profit if i was lucky poo poo barney Mcgrew !!

I must agree with Ned,we all trip up John.

Hi John

I agree with Ned's scrutiny of this so-called BH Mayer/Otto Schickle fake.

This one has been around for awhile.
    For me, the easiest "tell" is the head-sculpt and the distorted Kar98k sling.

Here is one I purchased as a fake to study. Hopefully, you can recover your funds.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silver for review please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast