MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, i recently acquired this IAP which was recently dug out in the Don region near Stalingrad - the guy who sold it is a regional militaria salesman and all seems right with the badge,

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?

Hey guys, i recently acquired this IAP which was recently dug out in the Don region near Stalingrad - the guy who sold it is a regional militaria salesman and all seems right with the badge, but since i am inexperienced with this i'd like your guys opinion on it -

in this link, from where i bought it, there is another piece from the same digging site for reference - https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...8-8d980b0bfbc8 a03522c673Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Greg.

Not really much I can see from these photos to authentic....well at least me. Looks like a zinc example but key features are hard to see, overly pitted/corroded or too blurry.

Based on the condition, I see no reason to doubt it was ground dug, but then again, nothing to clearly prove this.

Maybe others can spot some features that I can't see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You will need better, clearer, photos if you would like my opinion.
    Straight on front and reverse photos will do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!Here are some better pictures:

whaddaya think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake? 

MAP
    ?

Quote by gregmpo2 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies, guys!Here are some better pictures:

whaddaya think?
    Thanks Greg

Not trying to be difficult. But the photos are very low resolution and can't be expanded to view the details.

Please look at the link below. If you can provide photos like this with these angles it would really help. A close up of the eagle and head is always great too. But maybe others with more experience could provide details based on these.

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Siver, Maker marked L/56, Funcke & Brüninghaus.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I actually enjoy this kind of appreciation of fine detail, map, makes me feel safer with the aswner in this case, our enemy is my crappy camera. This is the best i could do:

ps: am i posting the pictures the wrong way?
    Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake? 

MAP
    ?

This one has me stumped. At first I thought it was a ShCO design but there are aspects that are different (hinge, distance between the bolt disassembly disk and sling slot on bottom of the stock, some of the veins on the oak leaves, etc.)

Hopefully Ralph or someone else can help out.

on the german combat awards, berti awsnered this:

"For me it's a good Wilhelm Deumer from Lüdenscheid, previously known as "Deformed Leaf".

Best regards,
    Basti "

MAP
    ?

Funny you mention that. I looked at the only Duemer example in my reference material (I'm sure there are other variants I'm not aware of). The obverse was very close (given condition I couldn't sure) but the reverse had a different hinge set up. Also the example in my reference is buntmetal and not zinc.

an awsner from another guy, phillipe:

"I Agree with Basti, original Deumer.

The type first of the solid zinc produced badges.

GCA Forum | Access denied.

Condition sadly is very bad

seems like there were zinc versions of this IAP, but they seem to be from earlier on in the eastern front?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast