Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, i recently acquired this IAP which was recently dug out in the Don region near Stalingrad - the guy who sold it is a regional militaria salesman and all seems right with the badge,

MAP
    ?

Quote by gregmpo2 View Post
    an awsner from another guy, phillipe:

"I Agree with Basti, original Deumer.

The type first of the solid zinc produced badges.

GCA Forum | Access denied.

Condition sadly is very bad

seems like there were zinc versions of this IAP, but they seem to be from earlier on in the eastern front?
    Was that Philippe de Bock?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?
    P
    Many

"Philippe DB
    Administrator

I suppose so LOL, is that a good sign?

MAP
    ?

"Philippe DB
    Administrator

I suppose so LOL, is that a good sign?

Ahhhh...yeah...I would say he kind of knows his stuff a little bit.......LoL

He did write the best reference book for PAB's btw

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's awesome!! I'm actually buying reference books soon (Wife would kill me if i got them after de badge). Even though i came from numismactics, this piece got to me like no other. Glad to know it's original.

MAP
    ?

That's awesome!! I'm actually buying reference books soon (Wife would kill me if i got them after de badge). Even though i came from numismactics, this piece got to me like no other. Glad to know it's original.
    B&D Publishing and Bender Publishing are good places to start. Careful as not all reference books are good. Vet them here just as you would an award

Good books are not cheap either

TWS
    ?

I recommend Thomas and Previtera, but they don't have all variants. Still an excellent work on badges. Not cheap as MAP said, but for the cost of one nice badge you save yourself from potentially buying a fake.

Just one of their works: https://www.amazon.com/Combat-Badges...DP6JW55DQV1BGH
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I recommend Thomas and Previtera, but they don't have all variants. Still an excellent work on badges. Not cheap as MAP said, but for the cost of one nice badge you save yourself from potentially buying a fake.

Just one of their works: https://www.amazon.com/Combat-Badges...DP6JW55DQV1BGH
    This one (Vol 2) is just Luft awards however. I've never seen Vol 1 so not sure what it has. The only reference book I know if for IABs is Weber's...it's good but becoming old and doesn't have every example. Still....it has a lot of them.

https://bdpublish.com/epages/4d7f657...a/Categories/1

two books that look enticing on the surface are The Awards of Heer" Vol 1 &2. Helpful if you want to learn what they were but it is more a general overview. But does not provide details on all the types and variants of each award
    Last edited by MAP; 09-18-2019 at 02:36 PM.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    This one (Vol 2) is just Luft awards however. I've never seen Vol 1 so not sure what it has.
    That's why I said "just one of their works". Volume I is Heer and KM and I have a copy on the shelf.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hello

I agree, this one is a Block Hinge - Deformed Leaf ISA attributed to Wilhelm Deumer, Ludenscheid.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen unmarked- real or fake?  

MAP
    ?

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

I agree, this one is a Block Hinge - Deformed Leaf ISA attributed to Wilhelm Deumer, Ludenscheid.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Great to see you around fischer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2