Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication

Article about: Guys i have been offered this iab. Appears ro be a silver with tombac base. Seller describes it as an early schinckle. Any thoughts?

Default Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication

Guys i have been offered this iab. Appears ro be a silver with tombac base. Seller describes it as an early schinckle. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication   Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication   Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication  

Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie sturmabzeichen up for review and authentication
    P
    Many

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Any manners?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, thanks....
    I know the pictures are terrible i will get with the seller and ask for more. Any help is always appreciated.

Guys i have been offered this iab. Appears ro be a silver with tombac base. Seller describes it as an early schinckle. Any thoughts?
    A Schinkle is a type of Ek, this is an early Otto Schickle/B.H. Mayer IAB.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph. Thank you so much, what traits would be indicative of this maker ? Hardware or maybe the base metal used?

Ralph. Thank you so much, what traits would be indicative of this maker ? Hardware or maybe the base metal used?
    Many things, including, the eagle's head, the eagle's talons, the hardware.
    There are probably some traits in the wreath, but I am not sure what those are.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Primarily it is the design that distinguishes on maker from another. I dont have my reference materials on hand (and Ralph knows these better than I) but most makers do have hardware that is recognized as being consistent with their awards.

Edit: Ralph beat me to it...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map, thanks for chiming in. Ralph thanks for the pointers. I suppose i had better get a good book for studies

MAP
    ?

The only book I know of (there are others I may not know about) is Weber's "The Infantry Assault Badge"

It is from 2008. It's very good but like any book it is not perfect and new information has come to light that is not in it.

Also why don't you browse through our new Reference Library section, maybe someone has posted something.....

Orders and Decorations of the Third Reich (Both Combat awards and Political Awards)
    Last edited by MAP; 03-07-2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Wrong author typed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

raz
    ?

The infantry assault badge by Sascha Weber , a very good reference book published by B&D . Hope this helps .