Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

InfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & Lorenz

Article about: Hello again, here I am again with today's addition to my collection. This little chap arrived today and I am quite pleased with it. Again it came in a small bundle of Brit vet items (which u

Default InfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & Lorenz

Hello again,
    this is the latest addition to my collection.
    This little chap arrived today. Again this badge came straight from the family in a small bundle of Vet acquired items (which had a lot of 1st WW German medals in it)
    I have done some research in to the badge and believe it to be genuine Petz & Lorenz

InfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & LorenzInfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & LorenzInfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & LorenzInfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & Lorenz

Any comments or opinions welcomed
    All the best
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 04-03-2015 at 08:24 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement InfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & Lorenz
    P
    Many

yes,it looks a nice one Doug.

A nice example Doug!
    I was not familiar with this one until doing some research. It appears there is a variation or two of these, earlier ones with cut out swastikas and some with different hardware.
    Congrats on adding this one!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Doug

It's a very nice and difficult to find ISA attributed to the firm of Petz & Lorenz albeit, this is still conjecture IMO.

Examples of this design can also be found with the LDO number L/18 stamped in the badge pin for retail sale. This LDO number was assigned to BHMayer.
    Also, some collectors are of the opinion these examples are a member of the Frank & Reif family.
    This is due to the very similiar obverse design when compared to the F&R maker marked solids.

This tombak hollow example can be found with a lily pad hinge hardware set up, round catch plate and the sheet metal hinge, oblong catch plate combination we see here.
    And, there are a few known examples that have a cut-out swastika detail.

Congrats on securing this one, a highly desirable ISA...

Best regards, fischer

Nice IAB Doug.

Thank you Harry and Kevin for your comments...they are very appreciated.
    Ralph, Fischer, thank you for the additional information it is very useful and nice to know that it is a more hard to find example.
    I do particularly like the wear on this one. (I must admit Ralph I do like the mint badges that you show and have in your collection)
    I must admit I would have liked to have bought the whole collection of Cased and packeted Kriegsmarine items that Adrian showed a couple of weeks ago. I do prefer to keep collections together.

Thanks once again.
    All the best
    Doug

Very nice! Congrats on adding this rare IAB to your collection!!!

P&L is one of my favourite makers

BR
    Sven

InfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & LorenzInfanterieSturmabzeichen Petz & Lorenz

Hi Sven

This assemblage of attributed P&L ISA's is second to none.

Your collection of this example is the nicest I have ever seen; thanks for showing them....

Best Regards, fischer