Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge - real or fake, please?

Article about: by Scout Indeed it is. Though you claimed it to be a cursory walk-through, you managed to give a satisfactory explanation. Thank you very much. Do we know the reason for some badges to be ma

Default Re: Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge - real or fake, please?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Indeed it is. Though you claimed it to be a cursory walk-through, you managed to give a satisfactory explanation.
    Thank you very much.
    Do we know the reason for some badges to be marked and then some others from the same maker not?
    I believe that later in the war, it was important to keep manufacturer's names discreet so that factories could avoid being bombed would be one reason.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge - real or fake, please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge - real or fake, please?

That would indeed be wise to do away with names for that reason.
    Thanks again.

?

Maybe they did not want to spend the time doing maker marks? I would guess that later during the war the "demand" was increasing. It's just a wild guess. I actually don't know if the mm's was made while being stamped.

The allies would know the makers from the previous batches of medals/orders anyway i guess? Just my opinion.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Maybe they did not want to spend the time doing maker marks? I would guess that later during the war the "demand" was increasing. It's just a wild guess. I actually don't know if the mm's was made while being stamped.

The allies would know the makers from the previous batches of medals/orders anyway i guess? Just my opinion.
    The maker marks were usually part of the mold.
    I don't think the allies were studying these badges and awards the way we do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Were they not stamped??

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Were they not stamped??
    That would depend on what type of award and mark. I would say that most that have a mark as part of the badge were part of the mold. If you are talking about EK I's and the marks on the pins and such, then they would be stamped. I still believe that later in the war, MM's were discontinued due to the bombing that was going on.
    Ralph.

?

Ok. I will go with the bombings then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2