Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord

Article about: Thanks Stewy, and for the nice pictures of the catch. I read a previous forum about putting Vaseline on these to preserve them is that correct?

Default Re: Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord

Mine is quite rare as it has a square catch, not rounded. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord
    P
    Many

I was worried when I saw your catch Stewy but I guess they had variations? And its all good Joe I took the buckle back. Im finally glad to get some TR collecting going on

I'd still like to see clear obverse & reverse pics of your FLL if possible Ben. Cheers mate. Stewy

?

The marksmanship lanyard look good albeit a little worn. I don't know much about these but this is possibly the lowest grade.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sure thing Stewy as soon as I can find a decent camera mine has lens issues so it cant focus on small objects right now...
    Adrian, do you know what it was issued for? Shooting at ranges etc? how do you tell the different grades. Also Do you know what the silver cord is composed of is it just silver painted black bullion? I liked the sheild is the reason I got it and the price for both seemed pretty low
    Thanks for the help Gents
    -Ben

Also it looks like 3 acorns were cut off Ill take a close up and post it soon what would each one represent?
    -Never mind I found this site thanks to Andreas old post
    C:\Websites\deutschesoldaten.com\uniforms\lanyard. htm

Stewy the pictures will be hard to get because the catch is a little bent so I can not move the pin to get a good picture since its stuck in place Id try bending it a little but i dont want to break it
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 05-06-2012 at 02:05 AM.

So I took a chance and used small pliers that I taped the jaws with so it would not scratch the catch and I gave it a bump... and it worked perfect

Here are some better pics Stewy and some of the base of the marksman lanyard showing the 3 missing acorns... -

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock CordInfantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock CordInfantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock CordInfantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock CordInfantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord

Any comments on the new pictures?

A good late-ish zinc FLL ISA IMO. Stewy

Some more pics of my square catch FLL. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen/Infantry Assault badge & Waffenrock Cord  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast