Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces

Article about: Hi all, as requested, here is/are my grandfathers Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, with award document. My guess as to why I have 2 is that the other one ( the one that has lost all the

It would not really be uncommon for a soldier to have two examples of the awards that he had earned, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber from the Brandenburg special forces
    P
    Many

Maybe, could be an option. Though on the photos only the silvery one is visible.
    But who knows.
    Luis

TWS
    ?

Really neat that you have those items from a relative, but even more so that he was a "Brandenburger". Basically the Heer's special forces of WWII.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks,
    Yes, I agree, TWS, at some point I might also post where he fought, but I'm not sure if this belongs on this forum, all I will say for now, that he was a Brandenburg Regiment paratrooper and participated in the Dodecanese campaign, the Battle of Budapest and somewhere in Brünn/Brno etc.
    I bet he got to see quite a lot..
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Maybe, could be an option. Though on the photos only the silvery one is visible.
    But who knows.
    Luis
    At the time, the zinc one WAS all silvery. Just o er the years it lost its finish

I still lean towards both being his...but not really important
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Thanks,
    Yes, I agree, TWS, at some point I might also post where he fought, but I'm not sure if this belongs on this forum, all I will say for now, that he was a Brandenburg Regiment paratrooper and participated in the Dodecanese campaign, the Battle of Budapest and somewhere in Brünn/Brno etc.
    I bet he got to see quite a lot..
    Luis
    Can you post more photos of him? I cannot make out what the second badge is in the one photo. Perhaps an Army paratrooper badge? Also the piping of the shoulder straps of his wrapper does not appear to be white. Interesting.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Yes, army paratrooper badge and a VWA in Schwarz, the piping should be light green for Panzergrenadiere, since in mid-late 1944 the Sonderverband Brandenburg was incorporated into the PzGrenDiv Großdeutschland and was then called PzGrenDiv Brandenburg
    Luis
    I will take more photos tomorrow.

and, right, sort of forgot that, MAP

TWS
    ?

Yes, army paratrooper badge and a VWA in Schwarz, the piping should be light green for Panzergrenadiere, since in mid-late 1944 the Sonderverband Brandenburg was incorporated into the PzGrenDiv Großdeutschland and was then called PzGrenDiv Brandenburg
    Luis
    I will take more photos tomorrow.

and, right, sort of forgot that, MAP
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. The VWA was discernible and I was referring to the paratrooper badge. Looking forward to more photos.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2