Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. This solid zinc example is maker marked with what is referred to as a "waffle crimp" attachment method for the hardware. It has a wrap around,

Default Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    This solid zinc example is maker marked with what is referred to as a "waffle crimp" attachment method for the hardware. It has a wrap around, sheet metal hinge with a round wire catch with rectangular catch plate.
    This example retains a lot of the silver finish.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked
    P
    Many

like it ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    like it ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Nice example Ralph! The waffle crimp is quite interesting.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice example Ralph! The waffle crimp is quite interesting.

Michael
    Thank you Michael!
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph

Very Nice my friend...congrats on securing this lovely waffle crimp BSW!

Here is what they looked like when new. I am also fond of these so-called cloud boxes.

One I opened to verify what variant it was.
    The other is still sealed like the day it left the factory.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked  

Another first for me to see. Thanks for sharing!

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

Very Nice my friend...congrats on securing this lovely waffle crimp BSW!

Here is what they looked like when new. I am also fond of these so-called cloud boxes.

One I opened to verify what variant it was.
    The other is still sealed like the day it left the factory.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you fischer!
    I like the boxes, but I do not have any.
    Congrats on acquiring that pair!
    Is the finish of the exposed one tarnished or is does it appear to be absorbed?
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by avenger View Post
    Another first for me to see. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you Scott!
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Is the finish of the exposed one tarnished or is does it appear to be absorbed?
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

Here is a scan of the unwrapped example.

Even though this badge was wrapped and un-circulated, the later war plating type finish is not very durable and most examples found are faded with time.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked   Infantriesturmabzeichen in Silver, Brüder, Schneider A.D. (BSW) Maker Marked  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

Here is a scan of the unwrapped example.

Even though this badge was wrapped and un-circulated, the later war plating type finish is not very durable and most examples found are faded with time.

Best Regards, fischer
    The obverse looks very nice!
    Thanks for posting that.
    Ralph.