Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ISA silver. Good one?

Article about: Well guys, thank you very much for all the explenations. It's a nice learningschool for me. Turned out the badge was sold allready but the seller didn't mentioned it on GCA Forum. I feld a b

?

Default ISA silver. Good one?

Hello guys, I'm thinking of buying this ISA for 100€. I'm not a speciallist in badges, but I think this one is okay, isn't it?
    Is it a fair price for it?

Thx,

K.

ISA silver. Good one?ISA silver. Good one?ISA silver. Good one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ISA silver. Good one?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ISA silver. Good one?

Hi

I'm no expert but in my opinion it looks original.

Thanks

Cameron

IMHO, that is a fair price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thx for the reply's guys. Could this piece also be classified as 'mint'?

K.

?

It looks ok to me, not sure I would call it mint though. Hard to tell the exact finish from these pics but I can see some wear so I would call it good condition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This one is a ShuCo "4 vein" variant in good but worn condition. If you look at the talons or the loops on the sling, you will see some slight wear. I also think the finish has faded and the badge is in the gray. In regards to the cost I think 100 euros is a fair price for this one.

Here is one I have with the same hardware set up as yours to compare. The finish on mine has faded also but the details are still crisp.

Best Regards, fischer

ISA silver. Good one?ISA silver. Good one?

I'm not so sure on this IAB. If you look at the level of detail on Fischers badge he posted, specifically, around the dippling at the bottom where the wreath comes together and then the eagle and eternal swaz just gives me a feeling that this one might be too good to be true. The sodering on the back at the pin catch just doesnt look like wartime production. In general if you look at the detailing and compare Fischers Badge he posted which I consider to be authentic and then look at this badge point for point, it just doesnt have the fine detail DEEP ridge detail that you would for sure come to expect on a Schu co. Again, just my opinion but I would let it pass.

?

Quote by LuftCollector View Post
    I'm not so sure on this IAB. If you look at the level of detail on Fischers badge he posted, specifically, around the dippling at the bottom where the wreath comes together and then the eagle and eternal swaz just gives me a feeling that this one might be too good to be true. The sodering on the back at the pin catch just doesnt look like wartime production. In general if you look at the detailing and compare Fischers Badge he posted which I consider to be authentic and then look at this badge point for point, it just doesnt have the fine detail DEEP ridge detail that you would for sure come to expect on a Schu co. Again, just my opinion but I would let it pass.
    The badge in post #1 is original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm not so sure on this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. If you look at the level of detail on Fischers badge he posted, specifically, around the dippling at the bottom where the wreath comes together and then the eagle and eternal swaz just gives me a feeling that this one might be too good to be true.
    ShuCo and ShuCo design solid examples were one of the most produced I.A.B.'s during the TR period and are considered one of the most common. The ShuCo mm and ShuCo attributed unmarked badges used multiple obverse dies for both the 4 vein and 5 vein variants. You will find variation even between badges that appear to be like dies or designs. I am not sure what "dippling" is but will guess you are referring to the berry band located above the bow. Here is a couple more examples I have that showing differences in the berry band; one a 4 vein and the other a planchet 5 vein. The "eagle and eternal swaz just gives me a feeling that this one might be too good to be true" I am not sure of your meaning. Are you referring to the shape, details, etc.?

ISA silver. Good one?ISA silver. Good one?

The sodering on the back at the pin catch just doesnt look like wartime production.
    The solder around the catch plate and hinge is typical for this maker and is not a messy job. The highlighted area around the hinge area is also typical as the silver washes used for the finish seemed to adhere to the surface of the solder better than the zinc of the badge. Here is an unmarked example I have that resembles the badge in question.

ISA silver. Good one?

In general if you look at the detailing and compare Fischers Badge he posted which I consider to be authentic and then look at this badge point for point, it just doesnt have the fine detail DEEP ridge detail that you would for sure come to expect on a Schu co. Again, just my opinion but I would let it pass.
    I think a big part of this has to do with the quality of the pics. The badge in question had the images captured with a digital camera that are dark and not very detailed with the setting at 96 dpi. This is a standard camera setting but not very good to see details with. I use a scanner for my pics and the setting is at 800 dpi. High quality scans are huge when trying to show all the attributes and details of the badge.

Thanks for posting your argument, this is what makes threads interesting.

Best Regards, fischer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast