Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Good evening, I'd like to show you my IAB. I own 4 of them for now: I'll post more detailed pictures of every one. Greg.

?

Default My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Good evening,

I'd like to show you my IAB. I own 4 of them for now:

I'll post more detailed pictures of every one.

Greg.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-13-2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Edited tile to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

My 1st one for tonight:

No maker's mark, but in very good condition. Hope you'll enjoy it. I do!

Greg.

Hello Greg

A very nice unknown original referred to as the "Egghead" example in silver grade.
    There are theories that point to Gustav Brehmer as the manufacturer but nothing concrete has been established.

Collectors have pinned the unflattering nickname on this example due to it's egg-shaped head on the Adler.

Myself, I am fond of the overall design of the Eggheads and hopefully more evidence will surface about this variant.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Hello fischer,

Thanks for your explanation, very interesting to know.
    My 2nd one:

It's my best, very detailed and hollow.

Greg.

Hi Greg

This one is a hollow zinc IAB and is referred to as the BH Mayer/Otto Schickle design.
    Who actually produced this one has not been proven hence the two maker assignment/credit.

There are two variations of this example with slight differences in the obverse wreath leaf details.
    The Type 1 design can be found in both tombak and zinc base material with the Type 2 only found in zinc.

Yours is a Type 2 variant. Here are two examples that highlight the differences between the two.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

?

Amazing! Where do you find such informations? I think to buy the infantry assault badge book, which is supposed to be THE book.
    Next one will arrive soon.

Greg.

Quote by greg59 View Post
    Amazing! Where do you find such informations? I think to buy the infantry assault badge book, which is supposed to be THE book.
    Next one will arrive soon.

Greg.
    The ISA book's ok & difficult to find now. But nothing/no-one surpasses my mate Fischer's knowledge of ISA's. Stewy

?

Hard to find. Do we talk about the same book? Mine is the ISA book of Sacha Weber. I know a seller who had several to sell last time I met him.

Next badge: a Carl Wild one!

Greg.

Yep, I'm on about Sacha's book. Since it was published quite a bit of new correct info has surfaced. But the book is a good starting point. Here's my CW ISA & packet. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Hi Guys

Carl Wild employed two different obverse design motifs with dissimilar maker marks and hardware variations. The differences in the obverse design of each badge are subtle leaf/vein details of the 1L and 1R vein patterns. Base materials appear different with the Die 1 displaying a smooth exterior and the Die 2 having the formation of “zinc oxidation bubbles” underneath the finish surface. Both feature a maker mark consisting of a raised “C” vertically positioned on top of a “W” and located just below the hinge in the center of the swastika. The font and measurements of the maker mark differ between the two.

Design Type - Die 1
    The 1R leaf of the Die 1 has a more pronounced top, left vein branching off the center vein and it has an additional vein in the 1L leaf. The maker mark is wider across and has smaller gap between the “C” and “W”.

Design Type - Die 2
    The 1R leaf of Die 2 lacks the top, left vein detail of the Die 1 and it does not have the vein in the 1L leaf. The Die 2 maker mark is a different font style and appears taller and thinner with a wider gap between the “C” and the “W”.

Both examples shown here are the Type 1 variation with the hinge base formed to fit precisely inside the raised guidelines on the reverse.

Best Regards, fischer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast