Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Good evening, I'd like to show you my IAB. I own 4 of them for now: I'll post more detailed pictures of every one. Greg.

My Example also has either a die flaw, worn die (I doubt that, as the rest of it is crisp) or a mis-strike. To the eagles beak. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

My 4th badge to conclude! This one came directly from Germany, where he was found in a house with a KVK2 and the soldbuch of the soldier (he also received the VWA schwarz, but never found in the house).
    It's a SHuCo 41:

Greg.

Nice SHuCo '41. With the almost statutory left facing catch. Stewy

Hi Guys

As stated, a maker marked ShuCo 41 or Sohni Hehbach & Co. from the Idar-Oberstein area.
    In looking at the 1R wreath leaf, we can see it is the (4) vein variation.

In comparison to some of the other IAB examples, the ShuCo variants are considered one of the most common and minty examples can be found relatively easily.

Best Regards, fischer

@ Stewy...I believe Greg is referring to the Webers so-called "Updated Fourth Edition" IAB book that was released this past February 2014.
    Currently, it can only be found only written in German although I would wager it will someday be released in English, like the other version.

@ Greg...If you do purchase this latest IAB book, be aware there are multiple mistakes including a fake listed as an original in that edition.

?

Hi Fischer,

The book I'm about to buy is in english, so not the last version. I'll meet the seller in a waffenbörse in 2 weeks. I'll be able then to say which version it is.

Greg.

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    The ISA book's ok & difficult to find now. But nothing/no-one surpasses my mate Fischer's knowledge of ISA's. Stewy
    Hi,

I'm now the owner of the book in english of Sacha Weber about the IAB. Very good book, I could check my 4 badges with it. I quickly find 3 of them. The only one I cannot find is the 1st one, the "egghead". Fischer, do you know it's reference in the book (as 3.0.7 or anything like that?)
    Thanks.

Greg.

Quote by greg59 View Post
    Hi,

I'm now the owner of the book in english of Sacha Weber about the IAB. Very good book, I could check my 4 badges with it. I quickly find 3 of them. The only one I cannot find is the 1st one, the "egghead". Fischer, do you know it's reference in the book (as 3.0.7 or anything like that?)
    Thanks.

Greg.
    Hello Greg

I believe you purchased the 2008 English Edition.

The "Egghead" ISA variant is not covered in this book.

If you review The Mayer Design section, you will find your "BH Mayer/Otto Schickle Design" example is not included in this book either.

This book, along with his latest work on the Infanterie-Strumabzeichen only show about 1/4 (one fourth) of all the known variations.

Best Regards, fischer

?

A very interesting thread.. I currently do not have any of these in my collection, A wealth of information... Thank you for posting..G

?

Hello,

It's the 2008 english book. I could imagine there's new informations since 2008, but not so much...

Greg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2