Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hello collectors, Today i received this nice Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from maker GWL that stands for Gebrüder Wegerhoff from Lüdenscheid, the badge still has a lot of its original silver fi

Default My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hello collectors,

Today i received this nice Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from maker GWL that stands for Gebrüder Wegerhoff from Lüdenscheid, the badge still has a lot of its original silver finish left and is in a pretty good condition.. the badge is much more prettier in real life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

very nice clean one.

I am not entirely comfortable with this one. Catch looks a litte square & pin's too long, but that could be a replacement. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I am not entirely comfortable with this one. Catch looks a litte square & pin's too long, but that could be a replacement. Stewy
    I have to agree about the "not comfortable" bit, but i'm not 100% sure it's bad either! It does bear more than a passing resemblance to this Staegemeir made GWL copy below though. I'm interested in what fischer may think of this one as it's a hard one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Attached Images Attached Images My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think its a good original with a good original set pin.. but lets see what others think

Hi Nick

Could you please post a pic like the one below with the badge pin in the open position...paying extra attention to the area under the integral hinge.

My initial opinion from these pics is the badge is a good one. The requested photos will show more.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Here are some more detailed pics, i hope they are good enough.

Hi Nick,

The pressure foot on the pin appears to be textbook from these pic's compared to the fake I showed above which is more extended, better wait for fischer's say so, but it looks better in these new shots.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the additional pics Nick...

I just have one more question.

I placed an arrow on one of your pics showing what appears where the tensioner foot of the pin touches the reverse of the badge.

Does the tensioner foot come into contact with the reverse where we see marring indented into the badge from pressure?

Or, does the foot fall below the indentation?

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

I have to say I am a sucker for the GWL maker mark, ever since one appeared out of the corrosion on a relic piece I was cleaning a few years ago. Very cool!

My new Infanterie SturmabzeichenMy new Infanterie SturmabzeichenMy new Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast