Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hy guys ... i need info about this IAB, if is original and if is Assmann, no punch/stamp on the back . Tnks !

Default Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber

Hy guys ... i need info about this IAB, if is original and if is Assmann, no punch/stamp on the back .
    Tnks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-11-2015 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

I can see pieces of original silver plating...

It appears to be an original Assmann zincer. The maker mark 'A' in relief was often stamped extremely weakly on the reverse of the rifle, so may be very hard to see, if at all. TBH, the unnecessarily weird angles of the photo's don't help here. Obverse and reverse straight on and a couple of shots showing the hardware close up are the way to go.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, I see a stamp A ... a think is a original Assmann ,the question is How much does it cost in this state / condition.

Tnks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber   Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Need help on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber  

Ned has pinned this one straight away Peeweed.

It is in fair condition in my opinion and the brown paint that appears to have been applied to the front has protected the finish below...I think it is a silver badge rather than bronze.

The question of value is up to you but I wouldn't want to pay much over £40-50 knowing what work I would have to do to restore it back to the original

All the best
    Doug

The price and what you're prepared to pay is subjective, the badge is considered pretty common. But for one in this condition I would say around $75.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Tnks Ned !

Looks great.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Ned has pinned this one straight away Peeweed.

It is in fair condition in my opinion and the brown paint that appears to have been applied to the front has protected the finish below...I think it is a silver badge rather than bronze.

The question of value is up to you but I wouldn't want to pay much over £40-50 knowing what work I would have to do to restore it back to the original

All the best
    Doug
    Just looked at this 'Brown paint' issue and I believe it's not the case. To me it's just the bare zinc that's been heavily greased with an application of Vaseline or suchlike, and that gives it a paint like appearance, so not as big a problem as first thought.

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast