Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.

Article about: Hey everyone , I just picked this up and I am having . a hard time identifying the maker. I got this from a vet's son,it was pinned to an arm band,been there since his father brought it home

?

Default New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.

Hey everyone , I just picked this up and I am having . a hard time identifying the maker. I got this from a vet's son,it was pinned to an arm band,been there since his father brought it home. Picked up a small grouping. The catch is bent,and the badge is slightly smaller than other IAB and almost flat. I hope my pics capture this! Any help with maker would be great,thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.   New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.  

New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.   New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.  

New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.   New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.
    P
    Many

Default Re: New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.

Hello

These examples are rather small in size as you state. Not necessarily in overall diameter but the wreath, k98k, etc. have a thin look when compare to other Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's.

For years this one was nicknamed the "missing leaf" due to the smallish, almost non existent leaf placed inside the sling area next to the k98k stock area. They are now thought to be made by Paul Meybauer and are the descendants of the very early so-called tombak Cut Out's, also attributed to Meybauer.

The cut outs usually do not have the "leaf" inside the sling area and if you examine this solid zinc example, the leaf appears to be a last minute addition as it lacks the outline details of the other leaves. Another attribute is the hardware set up found on these. The small block hinge and "?" style catch, directly soldered to the reverse is more at home on a BM hollow than this solid zinc. Most zinc solids use a sheet metal type hinge and catch plate with a large base for ease of attachment to the zinc.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Default Re: New pick up,having a hard time identifying the maker.

Fischer, thanks for the info, i have another late war hollow back example, and the zinc Meybauer is definitely slightly smaller and not vaulted. I just love the salty look of this badge! I also took care of the Zinc pest. I will post new pics tom. Thanks again for helping me identify this maker!