Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for Opinions.

Article about: As the title says I am out of my element on badges. I am discussing the purchase of some with an individual that has a number of them. I will be posting them in their proper categories. Woul

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for Opinions.

As the title says I am out of my element on badges. I am discussing the purchase of some with an individual that has a number of them. I will be posting them in their proper categories. Would Appreciate opinions.Thank you guys very much. You are the best and brightest and whatever you say, goes..

These are the only pics I have on this one I hope they are sufficient. Thanks again.
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-28-2017 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for Opinions.
    P
    Many

Hello Cuz. The pics are bad. The front doesn't look outright terrible from the blurry images. The reverse is what concerns me. The hinge pin arm and catch seem to have retained a bright unusual finish compared to the rest of the badge, and the edges of the cutouts seem rather crude/unfinished. Too close to call for me. Ned or Stewey or another experienced eye maybe able to tell even with the bad images. But I'd proceed with caution. Best of luck to ya! Best regards.

Brian

Thank you very much!

MAP
    ?

Sorry Cous,,, photo quality is imperative. Straight on photos is a must, details of eagles head especially and blurry images don't help much either. Maybe guys like Ned and Fisher can opine based on these but mere mortals like me who rely on references can't :
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I half to say the more I look at it the less I like it. I'm not sure how many IAB makers had a solid non cut out design between the swaz and gun barrel, that and the head shape as Michael mentioned would be huge tells. But the badge looks thick and crudely cast. The pin by comparison seems so thin compared to the weight of the badge. My gut just says bad. But again I ve been wrong plenty! Best regards.

Brian

Could be trying to impersonate this badge?

Intresting IAB

Brian

When posting any others, please keep this thread in mind.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I could never with a clear conscience, tell someone to buy this badge from these photos alone.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My apologies, Ralph. Thank you all for taking the time to view the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen that I have posted as I value all of your opinions. I can honestly say that what I love about ww2 collecting is you can study for long periods of time and still hit uncharted waters quite regularly. I do love it.

Hello UK Cousin

I can only echo what the others have stated about your pictures; clear photo's/scans are a "must" when asking for authenticity opinions.

That said...from what I can see of this one, I'm of the opinion it is a fake based on the Vienna Design examples.

Here is one from my fake collection to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for Opinions.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen for Opinions.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast