Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?

Article about: I have to say that to me this one stands a good chance of being good. Please note that there is some damage to the eagle's head and top of wings. Also someone tried to crimp the end of the b

Default Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?

I have to say that to me this one stands a good chance of being good. Please note that there is some damage to the eagle's head and top of wings. Also someone tried to crimp the end of the bayonet into a point. Please give your opinions. Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?   Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possible S&H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Bronze?

I have been told that this is a fake, any opinions please. Thank you
    Tom

this is a fake. looks like a frank & reif pin & hinge, but totally wrong detailing. hope you didn't pay to much?

?

Not original, sorry.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I actually paid quite a lot for this one, but it's going back! Tried to post pics before I took it, but camera was stuffed.
    Tom

Good that its going back, I can't pinpoint anything in particular but it all just looks 'wrong', from the dodgy eagles head to the lack of detail, the wreath looks too 'fat', the rifle butt looks 'bent', I hope it wasn't from a supposedly reputable dealer?

Yes Glen. When I first got it I researched the files and thought that it was a S&H, the Deumer being close, but not quite. The head and top of wings have been knocked in a bit like maybe the badge was dropped at some stage. The beak pointed me in the S&H direction, but the hinge plate is wrong, ergo my concern.
    As far as the dealer is concerned, fear not, he is a local guy and really not so knowledgeable about these things, but having bought many genuine items from him in the past he knows that if I am unhappy with an item after researching it completely, it goes back.
    Usually I will take photos of items before putting down money, ask him to hold it for a day while I check it out, but recently my camera gave up the ghost and I could only take pics once item was in hand. Won't make that mistake again.
    Tom

Excellent, all good that you aren't out of pocket then!