Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....

Article about: Thanks guys, so if i understand correctly it is a real one, nice! I will make some pictures of the other items i have found and post them as well. Have a nice day!!

Default Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....

Hello dear fellow enthousiasts!!

I have found some thingsin my back garden( i live in Germany right on top of the Friesenwall).
    I have found soup dishes and " geschirr" and some K98 ammo here.

Last week i was at a market near my home and bought this badge for a couple of euro's( 10 to be exact ). I showed it to a friend of mine, who is a collector, and he said it is a really nice one and even thinks it might be " the real deal".

It is known , as you all know, as the infanterie sturmabzeichen. My question is, can you guys tell me if it is a real one or not??
    I have been comparing it to some of the real ones on the forum here and i must say, it looks pretty real to me, but.... i am no expert!!

Please let me know, it would be highly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....   Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....  

Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....   Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....  

Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....

Hello and welcome to the forum, I've rotated the photos for you.

These badges aren't my area so I can't offer you any opinions but there are some very knowledgeable members here who know Infanterie Sturmabzeichen very well so I'm sure they can help you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello Adrian, thanks for the welcome!!!! And thank you for rotating my pictures, i forgot!!
    Would be nice to find out if it is a real one or not.
    I have found some other minor stuff as well in my garten, such as: razorblades, medicin bottles, couple of buttons from uniforms. My house is situated directly upon a piece of land that was formally used as a POW camp. The prisoners were used to built the Friesenwall. So once in a while when i am digging around on the land i call my mate with a metaldetector and we go look for stuff.( we also found lawn mowers, a lot of steel buckets, and a mountain of rubbish, ha ha ha)

?

Can anyone give their thoughts on this one please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by DePruys View Post
    Hello Adrian, thanks for the welcome!!!! And thank you for rotating my pictures, i forgot!!
    Would be nice to find out if it is a real one or not.
    I have found some other minor stuff as well in my garten, such as: razorblades, medicin bottles, couple of buttons from uniforms. My house is situated directly upon a piece of land that was formally used as a POW camp. The prisoners were used to built the Friesenwall. So once in a while when i am digging around on the land i call my mate with a metaldetector and we go look for stuff.( we also found lawn mowers, a lot of steel buckets, and a mountain of rubbish, ha ha ha)
    A warm welcome! It would be great to see the relics from the POW camp too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A proper Gebruder Wegerhoff badge with an integral hing and catch.
    OK by me!
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: real or not real, infanterie sturmabzeichnem GWL.....  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's a silver infantry assault award badge, and sorry its bad news sadly, this lacks a lot of detail around the feet to the swastika, the swastika is also very square. the mark should be smaller and facing up the the barrel -> bayonet of the rifle. The eagle is also slanted from the position of the photo. But nothing like having the thing in your hand to judge for real, sadly photos can only go so far.

That is just my opinion

THis is a late war CAST badge, not a struck / stamped one - the detail will always be softer and one may exhibit slight differences under close examination than another. To each his own, but I see no red flags compared with the photos I posted ( not mine however )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    THis is a late war CAST badge, not a struck / stamped one - the detail will always be softer and one may exhibit slight differences under close examination than another. To each his own, but I see no red flags compared with the photos I posted ( not mine however )
    Dan
    I was looking back at it thinking of cast quality, and shows common signs of the trigger of a cast tbh...

Looks like a good one to me too, btw welcome to the forum.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast