Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Here are some infantry assault badges I am not a badge man I have picked up a few through the years I don't know about any of them all three of these are unmarked and one has had the pin cat

Default Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.

Here are some infantry assault badges I am not a badge man I have picked up a few through the years I don't know about any of them all three of these are unmarked and one has had the pin catch replaced. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  

Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  

Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  

Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-29-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

There are a few members here who specialize in these. Hopefully Ned or Adrian will add their opinions...I believe the hollow badge is a Bronze Grade badge, while the others are Zink Silver Grade versions...
    cheers, Glenn

I'm not too hot on these, but i'll take a guess on a couple.... I think the hollow one may be a zinc badge by Deumer and the other with the unusual hinge and catch fitting is the 'pillow crimp' design by an unknown maker. The other i'm not familiar with enough to guess. I think both maybe originals.

Best wait for fischer, he'll know for certain!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The first one, Ned is correct, is a bronze Deumer hollow back referred to as a "Daisy".
    My example in silver.
    Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    The second one is a silver pillow crimp from an unknown maker with a bit of zinc pest on the front, again, Ned is correct.
    My example.
    Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    And a better straight on frontal shot of the third one would help ME to figure out who it is made by. From what I can see, I don't really like the shape of the eagle's head.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Timothy

I agree with what has been stated by Ned and Ralph.

The hollow is a purported Deumer in zinc. The Deumer zinc hollows have the large hinge plate to improve the attachment area for the small block hinge.
    The tombak hollow Deumers do not have (or need) this feature as the solder adheres better to the tombak.

The second is the so-called "Pillow Crimp" example and the manufacturer is still unknown. The nickname comes from the attachment method used for the hinge and catch.
    This one is a member of the termed "Vienna Family" of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's due to it's very similar obverse design with the other known Vienna makers. Some theorize this example was produced in the Pforzheim area; solid proof has not surfaced.

The third example is a fake referred to as the "Melting Fake". The name derives from the smashed or melted details of the badge.
    Here is my example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> Nice examples Ralph and nice detailed pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.   Some Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.  

Thanks a lot all 2 out of 3 ain't bad I got these so many years ago not much money in any of them some one told me a long time ago that the third one was a "Four Rivit Fake" or also a melted foot fake but I wasn't sure on any of them. Neither was he. Many thanks. timothy

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Deumer hollow back referred to as a "Daisy".
    Can anyone explain the 'Daisy' please so as we don't get confused with the Panzer badge collectors name?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Can anyone explain the 'Daisy' please so as we don't get confused with the Panzer badge collectors name?
    Hi Ade, there's no "daisy" present on the "daisy" ISA. It's all to do with the fact they (the ISA & PKA) are considered to be Deumer made. Stewy

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The nickname was originally used by Philippe De Bock, here is a direct quote from him explaining the reason why:

"To find a description about this classification you have to go back to the dark ages of this hobby when I was still posting on WAF and came up with this classification based upon what I discovered when colllcting Panzerkampf Abzeichen variants.

The Daisy flower is something visisble only on the grass area of Panzerkampf Abzeichen's made by Deumer and Schauerte & Höhfeld. After a while I managed to link these so called Daisies to there Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and GAB brothers. Although these of course don't feature grass areas with flowers the name Daisy I & Daisy II was also applied their GAB and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen brothers because it allowed us to distinguish between what clearly were two related but different makers.

But like I wrote very old school. Since 2006 we now know who the makers behind these "so called" Daisy awards really are."

Simples.....When you know.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned.

The hobby has evolved leaps and bounds over the past 10 years or so.

I remember sitting in a resturant in Stuttgart with Phillipe about 8 years ago and him going through about 12 Pz badges he had bought that day. Very educational at the time but now we know even more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!