Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: are this badge original, bronze und silver. Annoyed from this ads?  

Quote by Punkriehitaja View Post
    hey boys,is this badge fake or original.
    Fake. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

ahtung boys,is this badge fake or original. help me please.

I'll try again. In my opinion it's a fake, my good friend Fischer (who's probably the most knowledgeable ISA collector you'll ever come across) doesn't like it either. We can only give our opinions. The only opinion that really counts is yours. Hope that helps a bit. Stewy

If you do a search on this forum for SHuCo '41 ISA's, it will give you something to compare your example to. Stewy

?

Would like to argue a bit on this SHuCo example.

Can´t see any differences on that double picture (posted by fischer). Also, as far as I remember, gentlemen - usually you are much more keen on your opinions.. Here, with this SHuCo example I´m actually not confirmed because your points seems not very confident?

Is it possible, that this badge is just some war-end production - I mean with lower material quality? Because, once again - can´t fix any significant differences on comparison picture..

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Would like to argue a bit on this SHuCo example.
    Can´t see any differences on that double picture (posted by fischer).
    Hello Bruno

I will try and answer your questions in the order you posted.

First, I would like to say that ShuCo produced both (4) vein and (5) vein maker marked examples.
    The particular wreath leaf vein pattern we see here is a (4) vein variation and has been faked very effectively.

Now, here are the differences I see in the badge in question when compared to my example.
    Note the circled differences, the pitted surface and the casting line visible along the inside edge of the wreath.
    Another thing I do not like is the softness or lack of detail in the protected, recessed areas of the badge.
    Subtle differences, but when added up collectively give me reason to question authenticity.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmabzeichen.  

As I stated, the ShuCo 41 (4) vein example has been faked convincingly by the notorious "African Hero".

Here is another ShuCo 41 fake I had in my files.
    Note the missing leaf between the Kar98k and the sling.

Looking at the reverse, notice the matching hardware set up...especially the catch.

Also, notice the sanded areas on the reverse of the badge in question around the hinge and catch areas.
    My opinion, this is the residual solder from the badge used as the model for the copies that replicated over during the casting.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmabzeichen.   Sturmabzeichen.  

Sturmabzeichen.  

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Is it possible, that this badge is just some war-end production - I mean with lower material quality? Because, once again - can´t fix any significant differences on comparison picture..
    It is possible, but in looking at the ShuCo line of ISA's, I am of the opinion that the solid zinc ShuCo 41 marked examples are more of a mid war product.

We know the hollow bunt metal (tombak, nickel silver, etc.) were produced early on.
    After these materials were deemed important for the war effort, zinc came into it's own as an awards material.
    Now, most are of the opinion that bunt metal and zinc badges in hollow form overlapped at this time, thus regulations forbidding it came into existence.

Sometime in 1941-42 regulations banning the use of zinc in a hollow format was passed.
    And, some think 1941 was the year and the significance of the "41" in the maker mark - ShuCo 41.

We know this from documentation that came from Steinhauer & Luck placing an order with Wissmann (a die manufacturer) for IAB dies.
    It states "as you know, badge's must now be produced in "solid form" and the dies must be worked accordingly". This document was dated March 1942.

I think the hollow examples that are marked ShuCo-O were more likely the later war ShuCo ISA.
    This was probably done to improve production methods and to save on materials.

Please note, this is my opinion of the ShuCo maker - ISA progression. I do not think all makers follow this pattern and each one must be looked at individually.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmabzeichen.   Sturmabzeichen.  

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Also, as far as I remember, gentlemen - usually you are much more keen on your opinions..
    In trying to authenticate originality from pictures of a badge that, from a quick look is pretty convincing, can be difficult.
    Comparing original examples to this one and pointing out all the issues; it's the sum of these problems that raise concern.
    As an opinion was requested, I think we provided our analysis as to why we consider it bad.

I would take Stewy's advice and do a search, comparing this one to accepted originals, forming your own opinion.
    As he stated, the only opinion that really counts is yours.

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello Bruno

I will try and answer your questions in the order you posted.

First, I would like to say that ShuCo produced both (4) vein and (5) vein maker marked examples.
    The particular wreath leaf vein pattern we see here is a (4) vein variation and has been faked very effectively.

Now, here are the differences I see in the badge in question when compared to my example.
    Note the circled differences, the pitted surface and the casting line visible along the inside edge of the wreath.
    Another thing I do not like is the softness or lack of detail in the protected, recessed areas of the badge.
    Subtle differences, but when added up collectively give me reason to question authenticity.

Best Regards, fischer
    Also big difference of the feathers on the chest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast