Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze

Article about: Hello, It’s been a while since I shared any badges. I just got this one and I’m looking for some help identifying the maker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kirby

Default Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze

Hello,
    It’s been a while since I shared any badges. I just got this one and I’m looking for some help identifying the maker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kirby

Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in BronzeUnmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in BronzeUnmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in BronzeUnmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in BronzeUnmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Bronze
    P
    Many

Hello Kirby

This is an original but the maker is still unknown. For ease of Identification, this one is referred to as the "Egghead" by collectors.
    It gets this nickname from the egg shaped head of the Eagle.

One unique feature of the zinc Hollow Egghead examples is the teardrop shaped hinge base. This hinge is not found on any other Heer combat badge including the solid Egghead examples.
    As far as the grade of this one, it is my opinion this one is a heavily tarnished silver grade. Originally, this one had what is referred to as a Frosted Finish. Storage methods, moisture and age can darken this finish to a golden brown hue making it appear bronze. If you check the inside left edge of the wreath and in particular the wreath leaf area (4R leaf) between the sling and the k98k stock you will see the silver finish remaining.

A nice example, congrats on adding this great looking Egghead...

Best Regards, fischer

HI Fischer,

Thanks very much for the help. I was pretty sure you were the right man to ask. I have 5 more of them coming in the next few days so I will be posting some more.

Thanks again!

Kirby

@ Fischer. Do you think this teardrop hinge has any links to St&L? As they used something similar. A hinge from a local company perhaps? Stewy

Hi Stewy Mate

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Having searched the Heer Combat Badge families; Panzer, General, Flak and Infantry I have not found another badge that uses this style of hinge.
    This is unfortunate as if the hinge was more prevalent I think we would have a better idea of who actually produced the Egghead examples.

The S&L hinge you are referring to is a true "oval" where the Egghead is more elongated and tear shaped. Close, but definitely different.

Best Regards, fischer

is this a alloy badge or zink?

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post

William Kramer
    Hi William, it's zinc as far as I know. Stewy

Quote by all1knew View Post

William Kramer
    Hi William,

Yes as Stewy says the badge is zink.