Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Cased KVK1 mm4

Article about: I have seen this one for sale. The cross pin looks identical in detail to a mm4 on the KVK appreciation thread. The case is worn, but still together. Does this look OK? Priced at \\$175

?

Default Cased KVK1 mm4

I have seen this one for sale. The cross pin looks identical in detail to a mm4 on the KVK appreciation thread. The case is worn, but still together. Does this look OK? Priced at $175
    Cased KVK1 mm4Cased KVK1 mm4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased KVK1 mm4
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cased KVK1 mm4

I don't have an opinion on authenticity, I just wanted to mention that the pics are very blurry when clicked on and zoomed in. Your pics or sellers pics?

Can't speak to the case, but cross looks fine.

Tom

?

yes hard to tell from pics, but the edge of the right hand sword edge looks deformed? and the pin catch and hinge look fatter to me? clearer pics will tell all.

rory

?

Looks like a good zincer,closer pics would be able to confirm it but from these I would call it an original. The case looks good too. I would try and get the price down a bit and be happier paying closer to $150.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree the set looks genuine but not in the best condition

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheap for an S&L IMO. Stewy

?

Sorry, but these are the sellers pics, I can take really good ones if I want to sell something.

Hello there,

S&l is an extremely common maker of not only this award but in general and produced post-war pieces for souvenir hungry GI's years after the conflict was resolved. The case is in pieces and holds little value for display in my opinion. This award is not rare and is readily available on the open market. I would wait for a better example than this late-war dull-finish zinc produced example. Just my two-cents but I thought I would chime in. Shopping with online dealer's is convenient but the classified section on this forum is as well - and backed by the safety of the forum. If you're looking for a cased example keep your eyes pealed and your hopes up, one will show up sooner or later. At $175.00 the piece you show certainly isn't a deal by any means.

William Kramer

?

Thanks for the advice. The seller won't ship, so I will be waiting for a better example.