Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.

Article about: Hi guys, i hope you do not mind me posting these images here,i'm just trying to help a friend and this is an area that is unfamiliar to me. With the pic's available here i would appreciate a

Default Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.

Hi guys,

i hope you do not mind me posting these images here,i'm just trying to help a friend and this is an area that is unfamiliar to me.
    With the pic's available here i would appreciate any comments (good or bad) in regards to this award.

If needed,i will try and obtain additional images.

Again thanks for your help.

Cheers,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.   Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.  

Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.   Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.  

Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.   Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-01-2015 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed on this Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter.
    P
    Many

Sorry....but one of the worst fakes I've seen in a long time. Even the box is absolutely wrong....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William.

?

Question

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry....but one of the worst fakes I've seen in a long time. Even the box is absolutely wrong....
    OK, tell me what you see that gets this response? For example, what is "absolutely wrong" about the case?
    Sarge

The jewelry box latch? The case should be darker blue, but this one looks black. The medal(supposedly the non-combatant version)...the hanger arms are solid in one photo and grooved in the other? No detailing to the wreath leaves or wreath ribbon. No silver marks-no frosting. Very low relief swastika. No visible flaw to the "3". The flaws in the 9 'O Clock rim, etc. If I was going to pay 10 grand for an award, this would not be an example that I would want to invest in.
    William

Interesting,

this badge was posted at WAF,and not by myself but another friend of my friend

Quite a different reaction there.

The door is still open on this piece,i guess..??

Regards,Martin.

RK KVK for Review - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Interesting thread, for such an expensive award i would have someone with good knowledge here have look at it or maybe one of the big dealers or something.
    Again this shows the WAF/WRF divide.

The flaws and differences have been pointed out...but, perhaps someone with good knowledge could be asked...
    William

Good point re the grooved hanger arms...yet the patination looks eerily similar in pattern.