Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identify some german "medals"

Article about: This 2 German "medals" was given to me by a friend in Berlin. He had found them in the basement that he was assigned to clean and throw everything in it. It was an old womens basem

?

Default Identify some german "medals"

This 2 German "medals" was given to me by a friend in Berlin. He had found them in the basement that he was assigned to clean and throw everything in it. It was an old womens basement who had passed away and my friend believes this was from her diseased husband.

Front (?) of "medal" 1

Back (?) of "medal" 1

Front of "medal" 2

Back of "medal" 2

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify some german "medals"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identify some german "medals"

The first is a War Merit Cross with swords. It's supposed to have a ribbon on it. I've attached a picture of what the completed piece should look like.

The second is a General Assault Badge. Yours looks really nice, it's a shame the pin is missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images Identify some german "medals" 

?

Thank you ObKrieger that is some awesome info! Do you know any good site i can use to identify medals? Are these 2 medals any rare or common and cheap?

The first one is a war merit cross 2nd class and the the other one is a Allgemein sturmabzeichen= general assault badge with the needles missing. Both look good imo.

They are very common both of them. The war merit cross 2nd class without the ribbon is worth maybe 25 euro and the general assault badge w.o needle and needle- catch can maybe be worth 50-60 euro would I guess.

?

Thanks for the info!

The KvK's are pretty common and go quite cheap, but the GAB goes for somewhat more. Of course, the missing pin does detract from the value.
    For a better idea of value check some of the dealer sites like the ones linked on this forum. Both look to be very nice samples.
    Tom

?

I can't really add to what the other guys have said, a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.klasse and an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. Both common, fairly low value and original examples.
    You can use this site to identify medals!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good items and nice that they were given to you !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Original kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon is available. So if you look around you should fairly easily be able to restore the medal back to its full glory. The medal itself is still in great condition.