Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece

Article about: One of my latest acquisitions is this civilian-wear Bandschleife [ribbon bow], representing the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern and the Sudetenland medal. Of course those are b

Default It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece

One of my latest acquisitions is this civilian-wear Bandschleife [ribbon bow], representing the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern and the Sudetenland medal.

Of course those are by no means rare or prestigious decorations, but I really like this one, as it was made by the famous Gebrüder Godet & Co. firm of Berlin and the quality for which the company was renowned shows even in this small, low-end item:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece
    P
    Many

Default Re: It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece

You're right, Godet's quality shines through yet. A very nice pickup!

Vert nice Godet, I agree about the quality,well done.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It certainly exudes that Godet quality

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A nice piece Andreas. I don't know of anything bearing the Godet name that wasn't well made. From the most humble buttonhole to the most prestigious piece of silver, they always show quality.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm a rookie with this gear, but I can at least say; a very thoughtful job you made of scale comparisons, with all that different currency!

Andreas

As Zenith TV's advertised......The quality goes in before the product goes out.

Congrats, nice little find!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Very nice piece. I was thinking about this one (woeschler page, right?), but not quickly enough. Nice start, now you have another at least 10 Godet button types to collect.
    Miro

It's not much, but it's my first Godet pieceIt's not much, but it's my first Godet pieceIt's not much, but it's my first Godet pieceIt's not much, but it's my first Godet piece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece   It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece  

?

Superb pieces Miro! Thank you for posting them. I'm always amazed how many awards can be represented on these buttonholes.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Miro View Post
    Very nice piece. I was thinking about this one (woeschler page, right?), but not quickly enough. Nice start, now you have another at least 10 Godet button types to collect.
    That's right; it's the one from Wöschler-Orden. I'll see what I can do about the other 10 Godet button types... Thanks for sharing yours, too!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Superb pieces Miro! Thank you for posting them. I'm always amazed how many awards can be represented on these buttonholes.
    Indeed; I count no less than 10 awards and decorations in the last piece posted. (9 medal ribbons + Wound Badge) Massive buttonhole award ribbon clusters like these eventually caused the powers that be to step in and release regulations prohibiting their further commercial manufacture in quantity (although not their wear). After that, commercially manufactured ribbon bows were to display only one single ribbon, while ribbon rolls could contain no more than three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast