Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece

Article about: One of my latest acquisitions is this civilian-wear Bandschleife [ribbon bow], representing the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern and the Sudetenland medal. Of course those are b

?

Default Re: It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I count no less than 10 awards and decorations in the last piece posted.
    In fact, it is 12er: Wound badge, EK2, Zähringen, Hohenzollern, Hindenburg, Austrian commemorative, two blue ribbons for long service, Sudetenland (can be seen only on the left side in this photo), Two yellow-red Baden ribbons and Hungarian commemorative (seen only on photo of the reverse).

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Superb pieces Miro! Thank you for posting them. I'm always amazed how many awards can be represented on these buttonholes.
    That one in the beginning is 9er. It is on "economy" button, as thread starter, without ring which is usually welded vertically to "luxury" buttons to hold the ribbons. That´s why there is enough space for every ribbon to be folded once in full length of the bow and to be superimposed on another like pancake. On contrary, ribbons on that last 12er luxury type had to fit through the central ring, so they are folded only short part at the ends and sewn together, so that only one layer of every ribbon is going through the central ring. It is very decent work, I have to say.

I am glad you like them, guys. It is just part of my Godet button collection, maybe once there be a time and place to show them all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece
    P
    Many

Congratulations Andreas!
    Godet really is known for quality. Here is my only Godet buttonhole, although there are no ribbons.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece   It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Great specimen, Ralph.

Quote by Miro View Post
    Great specimen, Ralph.
    Thank you!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Speaking of multiple-ribbon lapel buttons, here is the one with the most ribbons I have in my collection. (It's not a Godet piece, though.)

It features eight different ribbons: sandwiched between the EKII ribbon on top and the generic blue ribbon for long service awards on bottom are three layers of three different ones on each side, making this an 8-medal button.

(If we consider the possibility that the bottom layer could represent two long service award ribbons, it might even be a 9er.)

?

Nice little candy. I like this style of half ribbons, and it can be seen on Godet pieces as well. (photo not from my collection)

It is really hard to say, if long service ribbon stands for two, or one. But if I remember correctly, that green ribbon on the left with three white stripes is Sachsen Dienstauzeichnungen, so there are two service ribbons anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture It's not much, but it's my first Godet piece  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2