Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 65 -GOOD?

Article about: Hi Guys, I like the looks of this KVK first class but haven't seen any with the cast in pin mount and catch. Is this just an uncommon variation or is it a lunker? Thanks much, Bob

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 65 -GOOD?

Hi Guys,

I like the looks of this KVK first class but haven't seen any with the cast in pin mount and catch. Is this just an uncommon variation or is it a lunker? Thanks much, Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 65 -GOOD?
    P
    Many

This one is just fine Bob.
    And a nice one it is. Good luck!
    My "65" marked one is earlier tombak with a block hinge and round wire catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph! So is this one a zinc variation and would it then be considered late war? Regards, Bob

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Thank you Ralph! So is this one a zinc variation and would it then be considered late war? Regards, Bob
    Yes, and "later" war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Bob,

there are a few variants of "65" KVK1 - as you know. Here is a good website to compare them:

65 Klein & Quenzer, Idar-Oberstein - Pinback - KVK1 DNA

regards
    Tomasz

its ok.

Nice KVK1 PKZ65 from K&Q...

Thanks Gents! I have purchased the cross and will post photos when it arrives. Bob

The cross arrived over the weekend and here are as promised, more detailed photos. I did notice with the cross in hand that the solder joint between the pin and the hinge has started to give way. It is still attached and does not seem loose and you can open and close the pin but I am not going to do that much (any recommendations?). I'll just put it in the case and enjoy! Thanks, Bob

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 65 -GOOD?  

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    The cross arrived over the weekend and here are as promised, more detailed photos. I did notice with the cross in hand that the solder joint between the pin and the hinge has started to give way. It is still attached and does not seem loose and you can open and close the pin but I am not going to do that much (any recommendations?). I'll just put it in the case and enjoy! Thanks, Bob
    Hi Bob,
    Glad it arrived and if you were not told of the solder joint being weak and are not happy with it, I suggest you send it back and get a refund. There is really no way to repair it except for a resolder.
    There will always be another.
    Ralph.