Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern l58

Article about: Hello cross is ok ? Or post war ? Thanks for reviews .

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern l58

Hello cross is ok ? Or post war ? Thanks for reviews .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58  
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-21-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  l58
    P
    Many

Hello. The pebbling detail is soft. But I suppose that could be attributed to age/wear. It is a well known fact that souval did produce awards postwar most notably/common were t the EK2's I think? I'm not certain if they did KVK's? For what it's worth here's the Maker's Mark EK DNA has for the souval disk, compares well to your posted example. Again not definitive but a good place to start. Best regards.

Brian

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would say that it is an original zinc Souval KVK1, I really can not see anything wrong with this example, but it is always good to be very cautious with Souval items.

Best regards,
    Franko

BMB
    ?

Hey!
    This is an original cross made during the war in my opinion. See picture below, I have marked areas where postwar Souval cross has none or very weak peppling left in my opinion.

Best regards
    Martin

Thank you for opinion !