Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder Bender

Article about: Thought i would make a new thread for an item considering I haven’t done so in a while. Just a simple kvk2 with swords made by “41” Gebrüder Bender. For £20 it was an alright buy at an antiq

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder Bender

Thought i would make a new thread for an item considering I haven’t done so in a while.

Just a simple kvk2 with swords made by “41” Gebrüder Bender. For £20 it was an alright buy at an antiques fair. The ribbon it came with was fake so i just put it in a small box (no need to post the weave ribbon picture i am aware of it )

Yea my activity has dropped quite a bit on the fourm. Busy with other things at the moment. Not sure when i will jump back into regular posting.
    Enjoy.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder BenderKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder BenderKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder Bender

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern “41” Gebrüder Bender
    P
    Many

Nice for 20 quid looks to be Tombak as well you should have no probs picking up an original piece of ribbon for it. Wonder how the jump ring got bent? Regards,Paul

?

Who knows!

There’s also residue in some places. When picking at it, it peeled off quite easily. I thought maybe it was some protective coating that had finally gone off or oxidation?

MMMmmmm , maybe im wrong about it being Tombak probably Zinc that's held on to a lot of its bronze finish, does seem to have a little oxidisation maybe stick a bit of Vaseline on it overnight & see what happens . Regards Paul

Due to the condition of the finish, my guess would be Tombak as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It’s definitely not zinc. It is tombak

Maybe it was just in poor storage conditions for a long time

Good to see that although your activity here might not be as often as in the past that it has not stopped you making additions to your collection. Nice pick for £20, can you remember when you could find them for £7? X

?

Damn i wish i was collecting when these kvk2’s were that cheap. Although i might have still been single digits age wise