Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Will post the Dienstbuch separately but picked up this grouping yesterday. Was somewhat fortunate to keep these together as the dealer bought out an old collection and did not realize that t

MAP
    ?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Will post the Dienstbuch separately but picked up this grouping yesterday. Was somewhat fortunate to keep these together as the dealer bought out an old collection and did not realize that the KvK and the Dienstbuch were to the same person. Massive save!!

So here is the award and KvK. Cross is in mint shape.

Not a typical award document. Looks more like a notice of sorts. Issued to and signed by Alfred Steike of the LS-Polizei in Hannover.

Not 100% sure what the LS-Polizei were. Standard Luftschutz or more police oriented.

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-01-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not 100% sure what the LS-Polizei were. Standard Luftschutz or more police oriented.
    LS-Polizei or LSP means Luftschutzpolizei [Air Raid Protection Police].

This was a Technische Hilfspolizei [Technical Auxiliary Police, the same status held by the TN and the volunteer fire brigades] that originated from the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst (SHD) [Security- and Aid Service].

Raised in 1937, the SHD was an air defense organisation under the control of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium [National Air Ministry] and the sister organisation of the LSW. (Note that the service book is for use by the SHD and the LSW.) In 1942, the SHD was disbanded and its components split up.
    The SHD's motorized/mobile units [motorisierte SHD-Abteilungen] were absorbed by the Luftwaffe, while the stationary units [ortsfester SHD I. Ordnung] became the newly-established LSP.

Your man belonged to the latter group: He started out with the SHD and then transferred to the LSP.

MAP
    ?

Andreas - As always. Thanks for your detailed input.

I just posted the complete Dienstbuch. Glad I was able to keep these together!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

lost finish but still v/nice.

Hello Michael,
    Congrats for keeping these together.
    Is there a maker mark on the ring?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Michael,
    Congrats for keeping these together.
    Is there a maker mark on the ring?
    Ralph.
    Ralph,

I owe you big time. I looked the first time when I got it and for some reason missed it. Assumed it was unmarked.

But after just double checking I see that it is marked "18". If memory serves me correct, that is B.H. Mayers

Michael

You're getting some nice KVK's Michael. I love the crisp pebbling on this piece.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Chris,

A little stain on one of the sword tips but otherwise it's a nice one. Now to find a silver one like yours!

Michael