MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Hi everyone, just bought this rather nice KVK2 from our own Glenn (bigmacglenn1966) and thought I would show everyone. Now i'm not sure if the Josef Andrysek bag is related or not, maybe Gle

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Hi everyone, very pleased with this rather nice KVK2 bought from our own Glenn (bigmacglenn1966) and thought I would show everyone. Now i'm not sure if the Josef Andrysek bag is related or not, maybe Glenn or someone else will let me know.

Also seen here is a well worn KVK that I got when I was a child, and the ring marking on this cross. The mint cross is unmarked. Can anyone tell me if there is significance to the width of the ribbons, as it is different on the two crosses (25mm and 30mm) Any comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-06-2016 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Any comments welcome.

No earth shattering comments Doug other than to say that IMO the kvk2 is a great looking award often passed over for its bigger brother the EK2.

Cheers Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan, yes they are surprisingly inexpensive and little regarded considering they are attractive and interesting awards.

Both crosses are fine originals, one made of buntmetall and the other of zinc. The Josef Andrysek bag does not belong to any of the KVK2 in terms of maker. It is probably a standard bag (if original) for the reseller.

The Eugen Schmidhäusler bag is original but I cannot tell if it belong to any of the crosses.

Also I cannot tell from the image what maker mark the ribbon ring have. Can you examine the maker mark more?

Regarding the ribbons the 30 mm is the standard size used normally for the soldier tunic and the 25 mm for the ribbon bar. Same type of ribbon bar you have in the picture.

/Jonas

Thats great information and thanks very much. I cant say for sure what the ring marking is, but it looks like 01.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

It cannot be 01, maybe 10 or 19?

/Jonas

Thanks, I have just cleaned it and looked at it with a high powered lens, it is a 10.

?

Now that is a Good looking Kvk 2. I also have one that I picked up when I was a young man and its exactly like your Zinc version. It has absolutely no finish what so ever.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Both are original pieces. The maker mark looks like a 41 to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast