Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?

Article about: Dear members, Could you please help me identifying whether this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern is genuine? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cheers

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?

Dear members,

Could you please help me identifying whether this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern is genuine?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice unissued example, with the original inner tissue paper still present. Is there a maker's mark on the rear of the outer packet? Can't see a maker's mark on the ring from the photos provided, but it's possible this medal was part of the 'Deschler Hoard'.

Regards, B.B.

BMB
    ?

As said probably a part from the ”Deschler Hoard”, what I can see.

Best regards
    Martin

?

Thank you for your quick reply! So you see nothing that speaks against an original one? Apparently it is unissued and unmarked on the ring. The seller says it is complete with it's original long ribbon and paper protector as it left the factory.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?

It is a completely original and unissued cross. Some collectors prefer their awards to have some wear and tear. Others prefer minty stuff. This one is very much in the latter category. With the bonus of its factory packaging, it would be hard to find a better one.

I have a similar one, from the aforementioned Deschler Hoard. They are often encountered with their factory packaging in place, and are more often than not in near perfect condition. While yours isn't from the hoard (as indicated by the maker's mark on the rear of the packet. The Deschler maker's stamp can be seen on mine) it is in similar condition. A very nice KVK II!

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern good or fake?

Regards, B.B.

BMB
    ?

Hello guys!
    Obviously I thought wrong, this maker is Gebrüder Gengenbach und Co. GmbH Pforzheim. This makers PKZ Numbers is not known.

This is a very nice set you have there and hard to find. One of those I would like to have in my collection.

Best regards
    Martin

?

Thank you BMB and BrodieBartfast. I just bought this nice set. Thank you for your help, much appreciated! Have a good weekend!

Best regards,
    Tom