Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure

Article about: Hello, I have this KVK II, a late war zinc piece without maker marks, and I just registered following detail. Is it normal for late war KVKs that the swords are made so bad? Regards

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure

Hello,

I have this KVK II, a late war zinc piece without maker marks, and I just registered following detail. Is it normal for late war KVKs that the swords are made so bad?

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure  

Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure 
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-08-2015 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure
    P
    Many

Landser, I see what you mean. The detail around the sword and cross is a bit rough. I have a few in my collection and overall this example looks OK. The ribbon rings on originals seem to distort just like your example. It should have a fairly solid weight and feel to it. If it bends with a little pressure that is a bad sign. NH

Please keep this thread in mind when naming your threads.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, What is your point in this case? The title of the posting indicated this was about the war merit medal second class with swords - the military version. Did I post something incorrect in my response? NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Ralph, What is your point in this case? The title of the posting indicated this was about the war merit medal second class with swords - the military version. Did I post something incorrect in my response? NH
    No Neil, it was not you, it was the original poster and if you check the bottom of the first post, you will see that I have already edited the title of the thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have posted "KVK" instead of the full name. I did not know that this could be a problem, because "KVK" is still a german term. I'm sorry about that.

I have a feeling the rough detail around the swords could be indicative of a Floch fake. Other than that, the OP example looks fine.

Hi, kind of a bit of extra metal left around the swords. I have not seen this to this extent before but piece looks ok. The only other thing I notice is the wreath looks a little different, like there is more going on there than other examples ive seen. could just be shadows though, but looking through loupe at the few I own, the wreath looks different.

I have one or two with which to compare and overall (extra sword handle material aside) I am not to worried about the OP example...

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sureKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sureKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sureKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - I'm not sure

Ralph, Thanks for the clarification. I do think the example is OK. My example which I know to be authentic has a bit of extra metal around the sword and wreath area. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast