Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I feel kind of silly, but I can't make up my mind. I'm looking to get this late war zinc KvK 2 and I have compared it with my own example. The color is different and also the swasti

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?

Hi guys,

I feel kind of silly, but I can't make up my mind.
    I'm looking to get this late war zinc KvK 2 and I have compared it with my own example. The color is different and also the swastika is touching the bottom and right side of the wreath. Is it a cast fake, or am I seeing ghosts.

Thanks a lot.
    Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?
    P
    Many

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?
    I'd say good, it looks pretty much the same as this one!...

?

Thank you very much Gunny! I think I need to learn to trust my own in instinct some more.

Hello

I would also say its a good one, a Zinker.
    They vary allot, pebbling, thickness, the wreath and date, the swastika size, and more and more..

Check the ribbon ring for a stamp. It may be possible to determine the maker.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I did check the ring Ralph, but there is no maker mark. It is already in my collection and I've compared it with my other zinc KvK2 wich is marked, and it's just the colour that's different. The details all look good.

Later today I will post a picture of both of them together.

?

Like I promised, here are my two zinc KvK2.
    The left one is the one I already had and is maker marked 127. The right one being the latest I got, of wich the colour is different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?  

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Like I promised, here are my two zinc KvK2.
    The left one is the one I already had and is maker marked 127. The right one being the latest I got, of wich the colour is different.
    The one on the right, your new one, still retains most of the applied finish. It has not been absorbed yet. Keeping them in a stable environment will help to keep them looking this way. Maybe Sindri or one of the other members will be able to help with the maker.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you for the reply. Now I know some more about the finish on these awards. And I keep them in a medal case with a glass cover.

Sorry for the bad picture of the medal case. Still need to make a better one with good daylight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit schwertern, possible cast fake?