Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.

Article about: Kriegsverdientskreuz II. Klasse ohne schwertern fake/original? Dear members, Yesterday i made a post about my latest addition to the collection, which turns out is a fake. It's first of all

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.

Kriegsverdientskreuz II. Klasse ohne schwertern fake/original?
    Dear members,
    Yesterday i made a post about my latest addition to the collection, which turns out is a fake. It's first of all my opinion, and and old friend's from an antiques shop who agreed with me this morning.
    Some of you say it's good one, but please only comment this if you have one and you can lay eyes on them and then check out mine.
    Here are some pics of the fake (mark 1) / one with swords (mark 2) / one without swords in relic condition (mark 3). The two last one are originals for sure.
    1. It's lighter than the relic example i took photos of, that one doesn't even has the ring system on it. It may have been made of outher material, but i wish you could hold this piece.
    2. The swastika on the inner core is not scaled right, please see the other two KVKs in my collection i took photos of.
    3. The date "1939" on the inner core is scaled pretty accurate, but the last "9" placed down from the other numbers, also scale is not good for that number. The oak leaves are weird too.
    4. Suspension system is totally bad, looks like it came from a beginner's workshop. I think pictures are talking for themselves.
    5. Sides of the inner core looks totally weird, please see the photos of my relic's (mark 3) and the fake's (mark 1) sides.
    6. The fake one doesn't has even a little damage, a scratch or anything at all, it looks like it came out from the production line yesterday.
    Please see the photos and judge them in comment.

(Dear Admins, please delete my last KVK post if you want, and sorry for making two of them, i made this one due the new photos.)

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse Ohne Schwertern fake/original? Please help if you can.
    P
    Many

Hi there

The one which you say is 'fake' was reviewed already and the general consensus was that is was a messed with original? This is a conclusion I would agree with. As for the other two, the non-relic example appears to be an early tombak one and the other possibly a mid to late war zinc example. So all original...

Cameron

You cannot compare 2-3 crosses and make a conclusion that one if fake based on that the date is odd, the suspension ring looks strange or the swastika is not scaled right. There are several makers of KVK2 where all of these areas is different. If you are serious of collecting KVK2 I suggest that you buy the reference book Das Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern by Michael Falk.

/Jonas

different makers,different periods, and a ground dug. doe's not add up to one being a fake.imo.

Helmut Weitze is selling unissued originals w/ribbon for 17 Euros....Not much incentive or profit in faking this common award...
    cheers, Glenn

They all look good to me.

I have to agree with the others. Different makers had little variations, even on the same badge. You'll see this across the board on them all to some degree. Though, I think it was wise to post it here. If there is a variation that stands out from the norm in an unusual way, it's always worth getting checked out to make sure that it is not typical of known reproductions.