Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Article about: Following on from Nick's suggestion in another thread I though I would kick this one off. So please post your KVKs, lets give these very nice but very underrated awards a place in the spotli

Heres my small KVK collection :-
    Unmarked Kriegsverdienstmedaille
    The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    Unmarked Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit schwerten 2 klasse in tombak
    The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    MM 127 Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit schwerten 2 klasse in zink, Moritz Hausch
    The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    MM 3 Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit schwerten 1 klasse in zink, Wilhelm Deumer ,Note how the zink pest has attacked the back !
    The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    MM 43 Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit schwerten 1 klasse in Tombak, Julius Bauer ,
    MM 52 Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne schwerten 2 klasse in Tombak ,Gottlieb Wagner.
    MM 50 Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne schwerten 1 klasse in Tombak, Karl Gschiermeister,

Regards, Paul
    Last edited by paulscoot; 03-31-2018 at 05:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    P
    Many

Just a relic kvk2 mit schwerten I know but was still in its packet with ribbon when it was consigned to the earth over 7 decades ago......

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice to see others posting up their crosses.

I recently made it 20 KVK1s but rather than posting every single one, here is an image of just some. There is an L/12 Juncker 2nd from left, some nice shiny 84 Poellaths, Zinc & Tombac 4 S&L and a wheen of other makers.

These are my 19th and 20th, 19 is an amazingly well worn Tombac L/11 Deumer, it looks almost pink to the naked eye.

The 20th is my best capture so I'm led to believe, a very early Carl Poellath in Tombac with a wire pin. I'm getting my 5 seconds of fame too as it will be photographed in Dietrich Maerz' new book!!

Heres my KVK from my collection.

I hope Im right in posting this here,

Ive only just started to venture into WW2 German items and this is my first medal.

It came from a very reputable dealer at an antiques fair at Newmarket race coarse on 4/6/17

Hi Relicfinder,

Welcome to a hobby that I am also relatively new to. You'll find out pretty soon that it can be a vacuum for all those pennies you thought you'd never spend ha!

I hope you didn't pay too much for that War Merit Cross? Mint examples can be had for not much cash.

Good luck and sally forth

Quote by relicfinder View Post
    I hope Im right in posting this here,

Ive only just started to venture into WW2 German items and this is my first medal.

It came from a very reputable dealer at an antiques fair at Newmarket race coarse on 4/6/17

Any markings on the ring?
    You can find ribbons for these.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Oddly enough I found one at a general stuff stall and he wanted £60 which I knew was too much as I slopped off to google them. I then went inside and found the 'proper' militaria stand and this one was one £25.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Any markings on the ring?
    You can find ribbons for these.
    Ralph.
    Sadly I can't see any markings on it.

?

I'm adding to the thread. Here is a group shot of the Kriegsverdienstkreuzen I have so far. No doubt that with time more will be added.

Forgot to add that the second one from the left is the only maker marked Kvk ('127' Moritz Hausch Pforzheim).

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

Last edited by Rik.S; 06-15-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast