MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Article about: Following on from Nick's suggestion in another thread I though I would kick this one off. So please post your KVKs, lets give these very nice but very underrated awards a place in the spotli

Default Re: The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

This is my only War merit medal. Maker Eugen SchmidHaussler of Pforzheim.

R. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    P
    Many

Some single packets for reference.

Regards John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

This KVK 2nd class with swords is from a grouping I bought to an SS mann,
    Fritz Limbacher of the "Deutschland" regiment, Das Reich and Schwere Panzer Abt. 502/ II SS Das Reich in 1945. He was killed in the battle at Halbe, near Märtens Muhle. He died with the rank of Obersturmführer. The interesting thing with this one is that the packet looks like it was going to be awarded to someone else. Then scribbled out and then Limbachers name penned in. This was awarded to him on 22nd August 1941, with the original award document "im Felde" hand signed by Paul Hausser.

regards John

Finally for me, here is the Carl Poellath mm84 etui with the cross again.
    I'm KVKd out now.

kind regards John

Do civilian lapel ribbon versions and ribbon bars count, too?

?

Thank you for posting guys, good to see these crosses and the ribbonbars are great. I like the KVM buttonhole, you don't seem to find these very often.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Late war zinker devoid of most of the finish. Made by "45" (Franz Jungwirth, Wien.)

Three of the larger sized packets for the KVKII ohne schwerter all by Bengel

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse mit schwertern by Glaser & Sohn, Dresden A1 with packet of issue and internal wrapper.

Unmarked Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse ohne schwerter. Earlier issue made from tombak.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast