Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1. mit Schwertern

Article about: This is my second Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1. mit Schwertern. This one is boxed and comes with makers mark L15 on it the pin. Again I think and feel its OK but have not had much luck over

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1. mit Schwertern

This is my second Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1. mit Schwertern. This one is boxed and comes with makers mark L15 on it the pin. Again I think and feel its OK but have not had much luck over the last week or so.

If someone more informed than me can give me the thumbs up or even down on this I would be most grateful.

I've not come across a box like this one in my research but I may have missed it.

Wilko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1. mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Hey Wilko

First the box - It is fine. A mid to later war "economy" box. Called economy as it is just a cardboard box and does not have the little button catch that earlier boxes had.

Second the Cross - At first glance it looks like a fine Zinc L15 Orth War Merit Cross. It has an oval baseplate for the hook which signifies it is made by Orth and not the other L15 fakes made by Floch and others.

The only thing I would ask, can you tell us what the stamp on the reverse of the cross is (above the catch) and can you get a better image of the makers mark on the pin.

Thanks

Jamie

?

Default Closer look at the marks and maker

The marks just above the catch look like just marks on the surface to me. I've tried to get a closer look at them and have posted the pictures below.

Wilko

Yeah the maker mark on the pin is good. As for the mark on the cross, it looked like an indentation on the other photos but never mind.

For your future reference, there is a good website - KVK1-dna.de which you will find useful if you want to collect these under-rated crosses.

There are also two books written on the KVK, one by Gordon Williamson and brand new to the market, a book written by Dietrich Maerz and George Stimson.

?

Thanks again Jamie. I really love these crosses and I'm of the same view. They are very under-rated. I will look into the books on them.
    Wilko