Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit Schwertern, please help identify maker

Article about: Any ideas on this one? I have ended up thinking a Souval after discounting. Meybauer and also Hymenn. Thanks for helping J

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit Schwertern, please help identify maker

Any ideas on this one?

I have ended up thinking a Souval after discounting. Meybauer and also Hymenn.

Thanks for helping

J

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit Schwertern, please help identify maker
    P
    Many

Background of that picture is quite familiar to me, so if I am not wrong regarding that who the seller of that war merit cross is, you should definitely avoid him, because he mostly sells as genuine items Staegmeirs copies as well as postwar Souval pieces and he offers that stuff on facebook, but also on some classifieds and websites.

KR

MAP
    ?

According to Maerz recent book, this rear hardware set up is not a war time unmarked (or marked) Rudolf Souval. The catch should have a round base plate and should not have a flat laying block hinge.

But I do think I see one of the pebbling characteristics but hard to tell for sure given the photos. So maybe post war for which they are known for?

To clarify, I know next to nothing about these awards. Just what is in this large, dense book with lots of photos of squiggly lines of different types of pebbling that makes your eyes water...

I will continue to look through it to see if I can find a match but it's painful.

Edit: Looked through the whole book. Didn't see a matching rear hardware set up. Could have missed it. I'm no pro.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-10-2018 at 04:01 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)