Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwertern... Wachter & Lange?

Article about: Afternoon all (or morning to others) I appreciate the images are not very good but they were sent to me via a well known Social Media platform! At first I thought this might be an unmarked D

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    I still think that the best match I was able to find is Rudolf Wachtlers KVK1, actually its the only similar and hardware is almost the same, but maybe there are some examples from other producers which are unknown to me so far. You also need better and clearer pictures. But I am absolutely sure that KVK is geniune, so we just have hard time to determine who is maker.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Please feel free to show an example from W&L that displays the sword grip details from the reverse that these from Deumer do.
    Hardware is easily changed, but forming dies are not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwertern... Wachter & Lange?
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph, there is no such example from RW&L, its just the closest KVK1 that I have found to Jamies, but that Deumer which you have posted is probably the best call. I think you have found the right one. So Jamies KVK1 really is made by Deumer, but Jamie and I were on the wrong clue here with that W&L KVK.
    Best regards,
    Franko

I believe the example that Jamie has posted is essentially the same as the first one I posted but with the flat wire catch.
    Sometimes you just have to look at other items produced by the same maker to see that hardware could sometimes be interchanged.
    If you know that they use a flat catch on another product, there is always a possibility of using pieces from other variants.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree, you are right Ralph. Except that catch those two really matches and makers sometimes really done that and used some parts from the other variations.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2